This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are people bashing Ninja Theory?? They made a great game.

#1mrplasmacutterPosted 2/10/2013 9:09:15 PM
DmC certainly is different from previous DMC games, but they were tasked to reboot the series and change things up by Capcom.

That's exactly what they did. They made a very beautiful game with very stylish visuals and a fun as hell combat system. It might be easy on normal, but on SoS and beyond difficulty, the game is a formidable challenge, unless of course you are a diehard asian hardcore DMC fan of old.

I would not be surprised to see it win some GOTY awards either.
Ninja Theory deserves better.
#2shawnmckPosted 2/10/2013 9:17:07 PM(edited)
Its the anonymity of the Internet, what do you expect ?

People love to trash and ***** on everything that they can, just because they get a kick out of it (have fun).
The Internet is swarming with trolls.

The new DMC game is actually a good game, but it is also an easy target, and the trolling just snow-balled into mega proportions.

Same thing with RE6.
Its definitely has its fair share of problems and things to dislike, but its nowhere near as bad as so many claim...
Yet it too was an easy target and very easy to troll.

You'll notice that just about every game gets trolled nowadays.
Even Tomb Raider gets trolled, and that game isn't even out yet...but just you wait until it does, and then DMC will be forgotten and the new Tomb Raider game will become the new whipping-dog favorite for all the trolls.
And then its on to the next game (whatever that is).
#3KillaBeAtPosted 2/10/2013 9:13:35 PM
never mind the fact that the game had great reviews, and plenty of people liked it.

Everyone who disagrees with my opinion is wrong. Not only are they wrong, but they are stupid, inferior human beings who don't deserve to have opinions at all.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.
#4Reel_Big_MikePosted 2/10/2013 9:14:18 PM(edited)
Ninja Theory made Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. One of favorite games this gen. I don't like DmC, but they're still ok in my book.
#5scoobydoobydontPosted 2/10/2013 9:19:58 PM
I just blame weeaboos. Probably a gross over-generalization, but it's easier.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#6NevercomingdownPosted 2/10/2013 9:21:39 PM
1. Tameem or whatever made Donte look like himself
2. Dialogue is really bad (**** YOUUUU)
3. Easy to complete, easy to get SSS
---
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
Ron Paul 2012: Because voting for other candidates whose main supporters are big banks and the wallstreet elite is un-American.
#7mrplasmacutter(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 9:24:09 PM
Nevercomingdown posted...

1. People that care about this must be virgin nerds who live in their basement. Honestly who gives a rat's a**?

2. Dialogue is actually quite funny. I am not playing for intellectual dialogue.

3. It is very tough on the higher difficulties, at least for the average player.
#8JenniferTatePosted 2/10/2013 9:44:18 PM
I think the grappling hook play in combat is some of the most fun combat I've played.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#9NevercomingdownPosted 2/10/2013 9:49:32 PM
mrplasmacutter posted...
Nevercomingdown posted...

1. People that care about this must be virgin nerds who live in their basement. Honestly who gives a rat's a**?

2. Dialogue is actually quite funny. I am not playing for intellectual dialogue.

3. It is very tough on the higher difficulties, at least for the average player.

1. Sounds like something Tameem would say. Guy should have a little respect for the series he's taking over, not just plaster himself all over it.

2. DMC isn't known for intellectual dialogue.. did you even play the originals? The dialogue was cheesy, but hilarious and still managed to be cool. DmC's dialogue seems like it was written by a vulgar 15 year old.

3. Keep telling yourself that.
---
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
Ron Paul 2012: Because voting for other candidates whose main supporters are big banks and the wallstreet elite is un-American.
#10otisanimePosted 2/10/2013 9:53:51 PM
I haven't played it, and I'd like to, but you can surely see, I'd like to believe, why fans of the series are bothered by the game. I mean, I have a passing interest in the series, and I can see that. Frankly, I think reboots are always a bad idea with any series with an established fanbase unless the franchise is dead for a really long time. No one is ever going to be happy, and Capcom clearly just did this as part of their "Westernize everything!" thing they've been doing this gen. Along with all their other weird decisions. Like tossing Mega Man under the bus.
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)