This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

which difficulty do you choose when playing a game?

#1zaiwenPosted 2/11/2013 1:37:58 AM
pick your poison - Results (133 votes)
i usually start on the normal difficulty
63.16% (84 votes)
the harder the difficulty, the more rewarding it is
28.57% (38 votes)
ok fine i admit i'm a ninja dog, so what!!!
5.26% (7 votes)
screw difficulties, i use cheats to blow by pass everything
3.01% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
while i usually start on the default setting (normal difficulty), i feel no shame admitting that i wont hesitate lowering the difficulty, if the game permits it. But if not, then i just suck it up & do it over & over until i surpass a certain area, puzzle or boss.
---
GT & PSN: zaiwen3
#2glassghost0Posted 2/11/2013 1:42:14 AM
I play on easy or normal on my first play. I don't wanna rage and not enjoy the experience.
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#3Life And DeathPosted 2/11/2013 1:55:47 AM
Start on Hard and if its to much maybe bring it down, fighting games I always leave at their normal settings until I learn what I'm doing.
---
Machinima Partner
YouTube.com/LifeAndDeathLive
#4vigorm0rtisPosted 2/11/2013 2:00:08 AM
Depends on genre.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#5LapanuiPosted 2/11/2013 2:03:34 AM
I used to pick the easiest difficulty, but in the past few years, I've been picking the hardest difficulties and it's enjoyable.

I remember trying to play SFIV on Medium difficulty and getting pummeled. I'm terrible at Fighting games and that was my first one in many years. I'm just not very good at them...

I actually wish I was a ninja dog though.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#6HoosierGuy88Posted 2/11/2013 2:04:00 AM
I always play on normal the first time through to enjoy the experience and learn the game. If I like the game then I'll play through again on a harder difficulty
#7memphis12Posted 2/11/2013 2:47:48 AM
Hardest difficulty on every game. I feel I'm cheating if I don't. I'm old school and games were very hard back in the day with sometimes no saves through a level *gasp*

Although this is what makes a game feel rewarding to me, I can understand why people play on any other difficulty. It's just personal preference.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#8beautifuldreamsPosted 2/11/2013 2:57:25 AM
depends if I can change it in game. if I can't, I start on easy. if I can, I start on normal and change it harder or easier depending on the challenge. the best is when you can change it any time
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#9Super CreaturesPosted 2/11/2013 3:44:04 AM
memphis12 posted...
I'm old school and games were very hard back in the day with sometimes no saves through a level *gasp*

To be fair, most games back then were difficult due to fundamental design flaws, not because of an actual attempt to make the game difficult.

Hell, the same thing could still be said today about some games.

Also, where is the option for Ninja Werewolf, or Ninja Tiger, or Ninja Vampire, or, you know, a combination of the three?

I refuse to associate with my lowly ninja canine cousins.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 2/11/2013 3:45:54 AM
Super Creatures posted...

To be fair, most games back then were difficult due to fundamental design flaws, not because of an actual attempt to make the game difficult.

Hell, the same thing could still be said today about some games.

Also, where is the option for Ninja Werewolf, or Ninja Tiger, or Ninja Vampire, or, you know, a combination of the three?

I refuse to associate with my lowly ninja canine cousins.

ALL OF THIS.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF