This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will people finally admit R* is overrated if GTA5 includes....

#1pothocketPosted 2/11/2013 8:12:51 AM
...heavily scripted and linear missions including chases where the target cheats (as seen in LA Noir)?

It'd be nice if R* actually made open world sandbox games again like they used to.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2JukainPosted 2/11/2013 8:14:09 AM
GTA hasn't been good since Vice City, so it won't be anything new.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#3feudelPosted 2/11/2013 8:14:25 AM
you do know R* didn't make LA Noire right? Team bondi did
---
Now Playing: Halo Reach Dead Rising 2 and Sonic 4
#4Masterchief5525Posted 2/11/2013 8:14:46 AM
Jukain posted...
GTA hasn't been good since Vice City, so it won't be anything new.

^This
#5pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 8:18:11 AM
feudel posted...

Is that why R* put their name on the cover and not bondi's?

http://origin.playstationlifestyle.net/assets/uploads/2011/02/L.A.-Noire-Box-Art.png

They did that because R* is saying "this is OUR game". They put their name on it they can accept the criticism for the game too.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#6SheepinatorPosted 2/11/2013 8:23:42 AM
feudel posted...

The people paying the bills for one of the most expensive games ever made have an enormous input into it, especially when said game is years behind schedule.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#7ARsignal11Posted 2/11/2013 8:25:22 AM
I think I'm the only person here who hasn't played a Rockstar game this generation. Well, no...scratch that, I did play LA Noire. But that was developed by Team Bondi (despite how they advertised the game), so I personally don't include that in their repertoire.

Anyway, I just bought RDR: GOTY for $20 this past weekend. So I guess I'll finally see what all of the hoopla about this game is all about.
#8Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/11/2013 8:26:36 AM
At least issues with their games get fixed. Unlike some other developers that crank out yearly rehashes and refuse to fix or address any issues with their game.
#9Shy420Posted 2/11/2013 8:27:01 AM
So what you're really asking is if people will share your opinion which seems like you see as the only correct one.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#10BeastLeeAdamsPosted 2/11/2013 8:27:07 AM
L.A. Noire is not GTA and GTA is not L.A. Noire. Also GTA 4 was fun.
---
I think everyone in the gaming world weather you are a Nintendrone, Sony Pony, Xbot or part of the Master Race can agree that Patcher should be fired.