This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will people finally admit R* is overrated if GTA5 includes....

#71MashYouGoodPosted 2/11/2013 6:08:45 PM
pothocket posted...
...heavily scripted and linear missions including chases where the target cheats (as seen in LA Noir)?

It'd be nice if R* actually made open world sandbox games again like they used to.

Yep. Agree 100%

Ever since Vice City, the GTA's have been "open-world" only in the sense you could walk / drive around most places. When it came to the actual mission structure, it was more linear than Dragon's Lair Arcade!

If GTAV is another of these 'pseudo open-world' game turds, I'll be returning it for a full refund and waiting for the 75% price drop.
#72Hillbilly_SmurfPosted 2/12/2013 5:29:18 AM
pothocket posted...
Hillbilly_Smurf posted...
pothocket posted...
49 people commented in this post which is most shocking of all. Well 50 if you include me.

Learn to count.

Well if I'm post number 51.......and your original garbage doesn't count, then I'm right.

nope, try again. If you can't even figure this out than why would I give any thought to your opinions concerning my opinions? Because clearly you have no problem posting without thinking it through first.

Don't be upset sis, explain how my math is wrong.
---
Dear Rockstar: Please make a new "The Warriors". Thanks, peace.
#73pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 5:34:14 AM
pothocket posted...
pothocket posted...
49 people commented in this post which is most shocking of all. Well 50 if you include me.

Learn to count.

Well if I'm post number 51.......and your original garbage doesn't count, then I'm right.

nope, try again. If you can't even figure this out than why would I give any thought to your opinions concerning my opinions? Because clearly you have no problem posting without thinking it through first.

Don't be upset sis, explain how my math is wrong.

What's a "sis"? Many people posted twice or more. So just because you're the 50th reply doesn't mean you're the 50th poster. Thanks for playing but there are no consolation prizes.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#74JackBurton85Posted 2/12/2013 5:43:26 AM
nothingbeast posted...
LOL people preferring a game with a white lead is racist but preferring a game with a black lead isn't?

I love people who automatically think gamers are racist for liking VC over SA.

Gritty thug-land or cheesy 80's Neon.

Not exactly tough for some of us to decide which one's more fun to run around in. Especially people like me who grew up with A-HA blasting on the car stereos.

Nostalgic=/=Racist

Or people like me who have had some not so pleasant encounters with the thug types similar to the ones heavily featured in SA. Don't much care to play a game reminding me of such crap.

If i had had run ins with dudes wearing badass, miami vice style suits back in the 80s, then I'd say the same about VC. Fortunately, i did not, and find VC to be a MUCH funner and entertaining game all around.
#75Hillbilly_SmurfPosted 2/12/2013 9:53:56 AM
What's a "sis"? Many people posted twice or more. So just because you're the 50th reply doesn't mean you're the 50th poster. Thanks for playing but there are no consolation prizes.

Sis is you since your not my bro but you got mad. So in order to stop your nonsense, I'm shocked anybody posted in this "topic". Happy? If not, perish in an inferno.
---
Dear Rockstar: Please make a new "The Warriors". Thanks, peace.
#76KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/12/2013 10:17:55 AM
No as I've loved a number if their games this gen including GTAIV, RDR and LAN.

They are a great game developer and I'm fully confident that GTAV will deliver and will blow anything they have released previously out of the water.

GTAV will be the peak/pinnacle of this generation. R* will not let us down, they very rarely do.
---
PLAYING - Minecraft (360), DmC (PC), ZombiU (WU), Ni No Kuni (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#77Vegeta1000Posted 2/12/2013 1:40:54 PM
I don't see how anybody can say VC is better than SA. The story and characters might be better (even that is subjective) but SA's gameplay is far superior. Much large map, more diverse missions, more side-quests, more weapon variety, better aiming, more vehicles, player customization, vehicle customization, dual-wielding weapons, stealth killing, player stats, climbing ledges, juming over fences, underwater swimming, 3 different fighting styles, turf wars, recruiting gang members, pedestrian interaction, better awards, better cheats, better everything.

As as as the so called gangsta vibe goes, that's only like 1/5 of the game (if even that). Once you leave Los Santos for the first time, the gangsta vibe is killed immediately. Their was nothing gangsta about San Fierro or Las Ventarus. Plus, it's a stupid reason not to like the game. I know a lot of people were pissed when the found out SA's main protagonist was black and were planning on boycotting the game. yet, SA ended up being the best-selling game on PS2. It makes me wonder.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#78SikkaSillPosted 2/12/2013 1:49:22 PM(edited)
I don't see how anybody can say VC is better than SA. The story and characters might be better (even that is subjective) but SA's gameplay is far superior. Much large map, more diverse missions, more side-quests, more weapon variety, better aiming, more vehicles, player customization, vehicle customization, dual-wielding weapons, stealth killing, player stats, climbing ledges, juming over fences, underwater swimming, 3 different fighting styles, turf wars, recruiting gang members, pedestrian interaction, better awards, better cheats, better everything.

As as as the so called gangsta vibe goes, that's only like 1/5 of the game (if even that). Once you leave Los Santos for the first time, the gangsta vibe is killed immediately. Their was nothing gangsta about San Fierro or Las Ventarus. Plus, it's a stupid reason not to like the game. I know a lot of people were pissed when the found out SA's main protagonist was black and were planning on boycotting the game. yet, SA ended up being the best-selling game on PS2. It makes me wonder.

Better Characters, better story, smaller but better structured map, missions were more fun, better music, better style, vibrant colors, less Saints Row feel and more serious tone... these are the reasons I like GTA VC over SA. More isn't always better, and the map of SA had a lot of nothing in it. I love both games though...

Vice City has so much character
---
RIP DP, gonna miss you bro! "Bwahhhhh" - Me
http://dragonsdogma.tumblr.com/post/20794618336
#79Vegeta1000Posted 2/12/2013 1:57:28 PM
Better Characters, better story, smaller but better structured map, missions were more fun, better music, better style, vibrant colors, less Saints Row feel and more serious tone... these are the reasons I like GTA VC over SA. More isn't always better, and the map of SA had a lot of nothing in it. I love both games though...

Most of the reasons you listed are subjective. I actually like SA's soundtrack better for instance. What can't be argued is stuff like SA have player customization, better aiming, and dual-wielding weapons. But again, it's all your opinion.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#80XeroxicidePosted 2/12/2013 3:25:22 PM
jorgestevenson posted...
Quoted for truth.

Their combat systems have always been pretty awful. It's amazing how games like, say, Mass Effect for example (even ME2 and ME3) get slammed for having "terrible shooting mechanics" when the shooting mechanics in Rockstar's games have been consistently worse than the Mass Effect series. Bethesda is universally considered a quality developer while people at least admitting that the games have glaring flaws (combat is consistently awful, tons of bugs). Rockstar is more or less the same thing, but their games get a pass for whatever reason.

I haven't seen any critiques of ME3's shooting mechanics, only of the "one button does ten things" problem, which deserves criticism. ME1 had absolutely terrible combat mechanics, much worse than any R* game, which is why they completely changed it in ME2 and refined it in ME3.

Bethesda is considered a quality developer in spite of poor combat. People regularly point out the problems with combat in most of their games and I don't think anyone plays Skyrim, Fallout or any other Bethesda game for their combat mechanics.

I didn't experience any trouble with the shooting mechanics in Max Payne 3 or Red Dead Redemption, but I only really played the single player.
---
I remember when GameFAQs was good.