This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will people finally admit R* is overrated if GTA5 includes....

#81MashYouGoodPosted 2/12/2013 5:34:10 PM
Vegeta1000 posted...
I don't see how anybody can say VC is better than SA. The story and characters might be better (even that is subjective) but SA's gameplay is far superior.

Sure. But SA came out 2 years later- the tech would be exponentially better understood at that time.

The reason most prefer VC over SA is because the former has a better story, atmosphere, soundtrack and characters. SA is just a gang banger's tail of rags to bling-bling. Not a narrative anyone but Compton reared "G's" would relate to or enjoy.
#82UilnslcoapPosted 2/12/2013 5:55:28 PM
MashYouGood posted...
Vegeta1000 posted...
I don't see how anybody can say VC is better than SA. The story and characters might be better (even that is subjective) but SA's gameplay is far superior.

Sure. But SA came out 2 years later- the tech would be exponentially better understood at that time.

The reason most prefer VC over SA is because the former has a better story, atmosphere, soundtrack and characters. SA is just a gang banger's tail of rags to bling-bling. Not a narrative anyone but Compton reared "G's" would relate to or enjoy.

And yet SA sold better..."most prefer VC", is it? I don't think you can make that call one way or the other, based on this message board or (to counter the point I just made) sales.

I liked the story of SA better and am white and grew up in Texas, having lived in Connecticut, NYC, and Washington state.
#83MashYouGoodPosted 2/12/2013 6:09:31 PM
^ VC paved the way for SA's sales.

I, too, bought SA. But I have VC on my PC today and haven't played the former title for over a decade.
#84UilnslcoapPosted 2/12/2013 6:19:59 PM
Opposite true for me (well, SA is actually less than a decade old, but whatever), played SA a year ago and haven't played VC in 5, so I see your opinion and raise you one of my own. We can play this (extremely stupid) game all day.

"Paved the way". Sure, sure, but if that's so, then why didn't more people go back and buy VC after the fact? I quite enjoyed both games, but that logic seems inconsistent to me.
#8595_EclipsePosted 2/12/2013 6:35:23 PM
Jukain posted...
GTA hasn't been good since Vice City, so it won't be anything new.

Lol no.

Good joke though.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#86DRzCalderonPosted 2/12/2013 7:08:29 PM
I am a Rockstar fanatic. And what I completely admire from R* is their approach towards realism when it comes to detail and their physics engine.

Rockstar has always been the company to laugh at controversy. I consider that their adrenaline rush. From Violence to sexual parodies, they always seem to separate themselves exclusively from other developers.

Bully: School Theme GTA
Manhunt: Realistic Murder Simulator
GTA: Sandbox Innovators
The Warriors: Most interactive Beat-em up/ movie based game
Red Dead Series: Most innovative Western title
Max Payne: Thought only publisher of the first 2 installments MP3's has most detailed and fluid gameplay with bullet-time.

My obsession of course with Rockstar is towards their implementation of NaturalMotion's Euphoria engine which creates this realistic interaction towards NPCs which allows them to become aware of their surroundings either when they cling on to an edge when their about to fall or towards the realistic reaction when their shot or hit. Not just the typical ragdoll effects or pre-canned animations that most games out there consist of.

As for the topic first of all, L.A.Noire wasn't developed by ROCKSTAR. They are the PUBLISHER. The same thing they did with Max Payne 1&2. L.A Noire also did not run on Rockstar's RAGE engine nor did it implement the Euphoria engine. So it shouldn't be considered a true Rockstar game.oh and I loved GTA4 in my opinion.
---
"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
#87Vegeta1000Posted 2/12/2013 9:01:05 PM
The reason most prefer VC over SA is because the former has a better story, atmosphere, soundtrack and characters.

Subjective. There are people that actually prefer SA story, atmosphere, soundtrack, and characters. None of that has anything to do with the gameplay which SA has VC beaten by far.

SA is just a gang banger's tail of rags to bling-bling. Not a narrative anyone but Compton reared "G's" would relate to or enjoy.

So, you're saying only gangstas and thugs can enjoy SA's atmosphere over VC? This is bad and you should feel bad.

Anybody that's actually gotten far in the game knows that the gangsta vibe disappears after you leave Los Santos which is early in the game. There's nothing gangsta about any of the other areas in the game.Of course, you probably never made it out of Los Santos to know any better. If you're going to downplay something, gets your facts straight first.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#88DuwstaiPosted 2/12/2013 9:56:40 PM
Jukain posted...
GTA hasn't been good since Vice City, so it won't be anything new.

^This

---
balls
#89JoboHotepPosted 2/13/2013 1:33:25 AM
pothocket posted...
...heavily scripted and linear missions including chases where the target cheats (as seen in LA Noir)?

I haven't played LA Noir yet, but the type of mission you described has been in every Rockstar game I've played that I can think of since GTAIII.

Frankly, I'd be amazed if GTA V <doesn't> have at least one of those type of mission, though I'd be very happy if it didn't.

Honestly, it irritates me, but not <that> much. I get to "that type" of mission, sigh in irritation, get past it and move on with the rest of the game.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#90scoobydoobydontPosted 2/13/2013 1:38:23 AM
I love LA Noire, I'm not sure how that would mean R* is overrated.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.