This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are your thoughts on the free to play model being applied to console games?

#21Dragon NexusPosted 2/11/2013 1:30:28 PM
lol everyone raves about this game, but no one ever mentiones things like this. i agree that this alone really ruins the experience the game tries to create.

Raves about it?
I think you have it confused with Day Z, the good mod and not the blatently offensive cash in on a name.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#22darkharePosted 2/11/2013 1:31:32 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
lol everyone raves about this game, but no one ever mentiones things like this. i agree that this alone really ruins the experience the game tries to create.

Raves about it?
I think you have it confused with Day Z, the good mod and not the blatently offensive cash in on a name.

Silent Sniper IV posted...
darkhare posted...

Nope. No one does. You're thinking of "Day Z", which is a pretty sweet mod and hopefully has a good, polished, and playable release. Day Z has no microtransactions. War Z was a DayZ rip-off that was panned by everyone and released as a "pay to respawn" game that is the only game I can recall that was so bad that it was yanked from steam and refunded hours after being released.

fair enough you two, i got the two games confused.

---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.
#23JenniferTatePosted 2/11/2013 1:32:06 PM
I'll use Happy Wars as an example.

It's free. It can be fun when there's teamwork. I would consider putting money into their premium transactions just to customize my hero.

Their servers and match ups don't function properly three quarters of the time I play. Every now and then I get some good matches and consider impulse buying stuff, and then my current match drops and I get no credit, and I can't find a new match for ten minutes.

Then I simply stop caring.

If the service is great, I'm down for it.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#24vigorm0rtisPosted 2/11/2013 1:32:18 PM
No.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#25SheepinatorPosted 2/11/2013 1:36:43 PM
levyjl1988 posted...
I prefer to buy a product, not a service that can discontinue... Seems like the future isn't very time considerate or convenient... packs that seems lazy additions.

Blah blah blah. This is at least the third topic recently from this guy and it's always the same thing. "I want everything for one low fee, I want a complete game with all content ever made for no extra cost, devs are lazy, blah blah." How many topics are you going to make for the same thing?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#26levyjl1988(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 10:58:43 AM
Sheepinator posted...
levyjl1988 posted...
I prefer to buy a product, not a service that can discontinue... Seems like the future isn't very time considerate or convenient... packs that seems lazy additions.

Blah blah blah. This is at least the third topic recently from this guy and it's always the same thing. "I want everything for one low fee, I want a complete game with all content ever made for no extra cost, devs are lazy, blah blah." How many topics are you going to make for the same thing?

You realize you are the minority in this topic. Stop posting in my thread if you don't like my topics.
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/
#27sockesockePosted 2/12/2013 11:03:00 AM
i dont mind free to play if its for casual games.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke