This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prone - Is it a good thing in FPS?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Prone - Is it a good thing in FPS?
2 years ago#1
The ability to lie on the ground, is it good or bad?

Would removing it cause problems in games like CoD, BF, etc.?
---
Latest video: IT'S BEEN AN HONOUR! | Medal of Honor: Warfighter
www.youtube.com/GamingWithMack
2 years ago#2
Uh....yeaaah.

That's an aspect of realism that should always be in place
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
2 years ago#3
As long as it never touches Halo, I'm fine with it.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
2 years ago#4
glassghost0 posted...
Uh....yeaaah.

theirs not a damn thing realistic about how people play fps games, seriously you want to get a taste of realism while being under fire go play paintball or join the army.
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.
2 years ago#5
darkhare posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Uh....yeaaah.

theirs not a damn thing realistic about how people play fps games, seriously you want to get a taste of realism while being under fire go play paintball or join the army.

Going prone isn't used in real life? What are you even talking about? I never said fps games were realistic but you're a fool if you think nothing in them is realistic.
---
(edited by glassghost0)
2 years ago#6
glassghost0 posted...
darkhare posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Uh....yeaaah.

Going prone isn't used in real life? What are you even talking about? I never said fps games where realistic but you're a fool if you think nothing in them is realistic.

your like a goldfish, matter of fact thats now your new name.
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.
2 years ago#7
darkhare posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Uh....yeaaah.

He didn't say anything about fps's being realistic
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
2 years ago#8
darkhare posted...
glassghost0 posted...
darkhare posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Uh....yeaaah.

Going prone isn't used in real life? What are you even talking about? I never said fps games where realistic but you're a fool if you think nothing in them is realistic.

your like a goldfish, matter of fact thats now your new name.

*you're
*that's
---
2 years ago#9
Realism aside, does prone do anything to enhance your experience? Would you miss it if it was gone?
---
Latest video: IT'S BEEN AN HONOUR! | Medal of Honor: Warfighter
www.youtube.com/GamingWithMack
2 years ago#10
I like going prone as a matter of being able to hide better and a way to further steady a weapon. It isn't required for all games, but certain ones kinda need it and feel weird without it.

I hate crouching behind a barrel in BF3 and making myself an easy headshot for someone because my big-ass head is sticking up over the top. I might as well just be standing up.

Of course as mentioned above Halo doesn't need such a thing.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Prone - Is it a good thing in FPS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived