This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Prone - Is it a good thing in FPS?

#1MackTheGunPosted 2/11/2013 10:30:42 AM
The ability to lie on the ground, is it good or bad?

Would removing it cause problems in games like CoD, BF, etc.?
---
Latest video: IT'S BEEN AN HONOUR! | Medal of Honor: Warfighter
www.youtube.com/GamingWithMack
#2glassghost0Posted 2/11/2013 10:32:25 AM
Uh....yeaaah.

That's an aspect of realism that should always be in place
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#3SunDevil77Posted 2/11/2013 10:37:17 AM
As long as it never touches Halo, I'm fine with it.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#4darkharePosted 2/11/2013 10:39:10 AM
glassghost0 posted...
Uh....yeaaah.

theirs not a damn thing realistic about how people play fps games, seriously you want to get a taste of realism while being under fire go play paintball or join the army.
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.
#5glassghost0Posted 2/11/2013 10:41:07 AM(edited)
darkhare posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Uh....yeaaah.

theirs not a damn thing realistic about how people play fps games, seriously you want to get a taste of realism while being under fire go play paintball or join the army.

Going prone isn't used in real life? What are you even talking about? I never said fps games were realistic but you're a fool if you think nothing in them is realistic.
---
#6darkharePosted 2/11/2013 10:42:47 AM
glassghost0 posted...
darkhare posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Uh....yeaaah.

Going prone isn't used in real life? What are you even talking about? I never said fps games where realistic but you're a fool if you think nothing in them is realistic.

your like a goldfish, matter of fact thats now your new name.
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.
#7DyingPancakePosted 2/11/2013 10:43:14 AM
darkhare posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Uh....yeaaah.

He didn't say anything about fps's being realistic
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#8glassghost0Posted 2/11/2013 10:44:05 AM
darkhare posted...
glassghost0 posted...
darkhare posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Uh....yeaaah.

Going prone isn't used in real life? What are you even talking about? I never said fps games where realistic but you're a fool if you think nothing in them is realistic.

your like a goldfish, matter of fact thats now your new name.

*you're
*that's
---
#9MackTheGun(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 10:52:19 AM
Realism aside, does prone do anything to enhance your experience? Would you miss it if it was gone?
---
Latest video: IT'S BEEN AN HONOUR! | Medal of Honor: Warfighter
www.youtube.com/GamingWithMack
#10Dragon NexusPosted 2/11/2013 11:00:28 AM
I like going prone as a matter of being able to hide better and a way to further steady a weapon. It isn't required for all games, but certain ones kinda need it and feel weird without it.

I hate crouching behind a barrel in BF3 and making myself an easy headshot for someone because my big-ass head is sticking up over the top. I might as well just be standing up.

Of course as mentioned above Halo doesn't need such a thing.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln