This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what mini-game, in a full game...

#1darkharePosted 2/11/2013 12:03:41 PM
do you think could have been fun as its own game?

i enjoy playing horse shoes in RedDeadRedemption, and i spent quite a bit of time collecting herbs and doing alchemy in Oblivion. you?
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.
#2GorillaOnRoofPosted 2/11/2013 12:06:57 PM(edited)
Don't know if it would be called a mini-game or "game mode", but I had a blast with Home Run Pinball in The Bigs.

Virtua Tennis used to have some good mini-games too.

---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#3KID VIDPosted 2/11/2013 12:12:02 PM
That dueling game from (I think) Kirby's All Stars for the SNES. It's where you and the other player wait patiently until you get the queue to engage and whoever presses the button first wins.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#4memphis12Posted 2/11/2013 12:15:10 PM
I don't know really. Maybe it's the novelty within the game that makes it more appealing.

I sucked at Horse Shoes, I just did it for the achiev.. Liars Dice on the other hand, that was sweet! I love playing poker in rl, so that's maybe why I enjoy poker in games.

I hated that caravan game in fallout vegas!!! *shudders* it's the only achiev I'm god damn missing.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#5SunDevil77Posted 2/11/2013 12:26:02 PM
Bumper Balls in Mario Party 2.

I would preorder/buy day 1.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#6frater_davidPosted 2/11/2013 12:28:31 PM
Blitzball in FFX.
The beat-em-up from Tekken 3. (CHICKEN!)

That's all I can think of now.
#7CyricsServantPosted 2/11/2013 12:31:13 PM
That card game in FF8. I ****ing loved that game. I would have been perfectly fine with a full blown game where all you do is wander around giant cities and towns challenging people to cards.

What made it so addicting was that you got to keep whichever of your opponents' cards you flipped, and vice versa.
#8Res5Posted 2/11/2013 12:38:55 PM
I've actually wished they would make a disc game with all of the FF minigames on it but beefed up a bit with online play or better graphics. Imagine being able to play Tetra Master or Blitzball with other people. Imagine G-Bike with better controls and more than one level.

Imagine Mog's World with even MORE story behind it.
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#9Dragon NexusPosted 2/11/2013 12:42:41 PM
That dueling game from (I think) Kirby's All Stars for the SNES. It's where you and the other player wait patiently until you get the queue to engage and whoever presses the button first wins.

That exists already.
It's called Call of Duty.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#10stawg007Posted 2/11/2013 12:42:45 PM
CyricsServant posted...
That card game in FF8. I ****ing loved that game. I would have been perfectly fine with a full blown game where all you do is wander around giant cities and towns challenging people to cards.

What made it so addicting was that you got to keep whichever of your opponents' cards you flipped, and vice versa.

Triple Triad

Came in to post this, my favourite minigame ever, so simple yet deep and addictive

Although the fact that cards had such a major factor on refining items and sidequests is probably the reason I loved it so much
---
lPayneToTheMaxl