This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what mini-game, in a full game...

#11Res5Posted 2/11/2013 12:44:25 PM
Oh also, Xenosaga episode 1 has that Armored Core ripoff. That could turn into something decent.
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#12CyricsServantPosted 2/11/2013 12:51:02 PM
stawg007 posted...
CyricsServant posted...
That card game in FF8. I ****ing loved that game. I would have been perfectly fine with a full blown game where all you do is wander around giant cities and towns challenging people to cards.

What made it so addicting was that you got to keep whichever of your opponents' cards you flipped, and vice versa.

Triple Triad

Came in to post this, my favourite minigame ever, so simple yet deep and addictive

Although the fact that cards had such a major factor on refining items and sidequests is probably the reason I loved it so much

Yeah, item conversion was definitely a big part of the appeal.

If Triple Triad were going to be its own game, it would be nice if you could exchange your cards for in-game items and currency. Maybe cards could be exchanging for gil which you could spend on card booster packs, or accessories. Maybe character cards could be exchanging for nicer stuff, like a chocobo you could ride on to get around the city faster, or a nicer apartment or home, sort of like how you can upgrade your safe house in GTA or Saint's Row.
#13AikonMonkPosted 2/11/2013 1:02:54 PM
I played the heck outta the arcade games in Prey. I actually played them more than the entire game; I never beat the game.
---
GT - DEDLY CUKE
#14AikonMonkPosted 2/11/2013 1:03:45 PM
Oh and forgot about Blitzball! Loads of hours in that.
---
GT - DEDLY CUKE
#15HaganPosted 2/11/2013 1:05:38 PM
Halo 3 beta featuring Crackdown
---
XBL GT= illidan z
http://www.youtube.com/user/illidanz
#16ProletarianPosted 2/11/2013 2:29:14 PM
geometry wars WAS a mini-game
cod zombies
---
GT: Darkgyft PSN: Break_The_Chains
I am an advocate for the right to arm bears.
#17JenniferTatePosted 2/11/2013 2:34:16 PM
Triple Triad and Blitz Ball.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#18GawdDawgsPosted 2/11/2013 3:54:27 PM
probably the ship missions in AC3. Those were epic, and awesome, and arguably the best part of the game. Would love a pirate themed game using this, but fleshed out even more into a fully fledged game.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#19Res5Posted 2/11/2013 3:57:03 PM
Oh, the Ratchet&Clank games like the Quark video games or My Blaster Runs Hot would be good too.

How about Sly and all their side missions? Like the Bentley hacker minigames? I always felt stuff like that was what made Sly 2 and especially 3 shine.
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#20SunDevil77Posted 2/11/2013 4:01:40 PM
Also, Tekken Bowling
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.