This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A person who plays as a mage in a first run of an rpg is a coward irl?

#1Walkman_005Posted 2/11/2013 1:51:30 PM
I was just thinking if there is any correlation between what class someone picks when they start a new rpg.

And I find myself thinking that someone who naturally wants to play as a mage, someone who is on the sidelines of combat, never in danger of being hit, running away, is also a coward in real life. They just relate their fears of real life into the game.

An odd thought, any one agree?
#2SunDevil77Posted 2/11/2013 1:52:11 PM
No.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#3darkharePosted 2/11/2013 1:53:08 PM
A person who plays as a mage in a first run of an rpg is a coward irl?

i suppose it depends on how you define a coward, someone that doesnt get into head long confrontations but instead solves the problem through indirection is imo someone intelligent not cowardly.
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.
#4TheYummyPosted 2/11/2013 1:53:45 PM
I always pick a warrior first but I'll tell you I'd be the first one ducking out of the fight IRL.

Don't wanna bruise this beautiful face...lol.
#5SparkItUpPosted 2/11/2013 1:53:54 PM
Nope TC, if anything they are the smart one of the group. Let the lvl 1 warrior take the hits while you improve your intelligence & chemistry skills as a mage.
---
http://youtu.be/_JyETEkNXSY
Not only the best football player alive...the absolute sexiest.
#6dark_shardPosted 2/11/2013 2:08:38 PM
A lot of times I see wizard classes as the harder classes to play due to their power scaling starting incredibly low before finally becoming nearly overpowered in higher levels. So if anything, cowards on games would choose warriors that are extremely easy to play and hard to die with.
---
http://amuletsandale.blogspot.com/
GT: darkshardx
#7CapwnDPosted 2/11/2013 2:10:27 PM
I was just thinking if there is any correlation between what class someone picks when they start a new rpg.

And I find myself thinking that someone who naturally wants to play as a mage, someone who is on the sidelines of combat, never in danger of being hit, running away, is also a coward in real life. They just relate their fears of real life into the game.

An odd thought, any one agree?

Not at all. I would call myself more of a coward for picking warrior, which I usually do pick.

I am afraid to pick the more deeper classes for fear of advancing some tree of magic or healing in which I will regret later. My intention is always to make a run at Warrior for awhile, then maybe start over as a Mage.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#8GeistPosted 2/11/2013 2:11:52 PM
So does that mean people who pick warriors are too dumb for any other work out side of button mashing or those that pick thieves are lazy and just let others do all the work for them?
---
Currently playing: Mass Effect 3
#9pothocketPosted 2/11/2013 2:12:13 PM
I tend to pick crowd control classes. Ones that can inflict various types of damage-over-time to multiple targets. Classes that turn enemies into allies and force friend to fight friend.

What does that say about me?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#10StarGoyPosted 2/11/2013 2:13:56 PM
I used to pick Warrior as a secondary character. Magic is/was more interesting.