This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you ever get around to replaying games?

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 2/11/2013 12:52:58 PM
I'd love to replay Alan Wake and Splinter Cell ConViction - but new games just keep coming out..

anyone else in the same boat?
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#2darkharePosted 2/11/2013 12:54:33 PM
im in the process of doing my 5death run in Limbo.
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.
#3memphis12Posted 2/11/2013 12:57:22 PM
I usually replay a game if it has an achiev attached, Tales Of Vesperia & Dark Souls being the last ones. But I'm enjoying going through my backlog at present. I think I'll be replaying Dragon Age: Origins soon though.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#4pothocketPosted 2/11/2013 12:58:44 PM
All the time but it's mostly games that people claim to have ZERO replay value like Portal 2.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#5SSJGrimReaperPosted 2/11/2013 1:00:09 PM
Only if it has some type of new game+ or added features/bonus that you get once you beat the game
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://i.imgur.com/LjCJDdy.jpg
#6TheYummyPosted 2/11/2013 1:00:38 PM
The only games on the 360 that i have played repeately are Alan Wake, Bioshock 1 and 2, and the first 2 Dead Space games. Thats just games for single player though, if its multiplayer I always go back to the Left 4 Dead games and Duke Nukem Forever.
#7Ginsu VictimPosted 2/11/2013 1:03:06 PM
pothocket posted...
All the time but it's mostly games that people claim to have ZERO replay value like Portal 2.

Yeah, somehow I must have confused it with some other game when I played through it THREE times. Four times for the original Portal.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#8foodeater4Posted 2/11/2013 1:06:52 PM
Yep, theres not enough good new games out to keep me going year round. I'm going to replay for the 3rd time Deus Ex and work on pacifist and foxiest achievements starting tonight. Ive also replayed RE5 this year so far. I'm also getting the itch start replaying ME series again soon, maybe when the final DLC comes out. I also am kinda getting itch to replay some old tomb raiders with the new one coming but I dont I'll have time. Playing to the new TR still might make me wanan go back and replay the olds for nostaliga.
#9GeistPosted 2/11/2013 1:08:05 PM
I replay a lot of RPGs due to changing story lines or alignment differences. For instance, I've played Fallout 3 and NV about 3 times each and I've gone through ME1 and 2 three times as well, will do the same with ME3.
---
Currently playing: Mass Effect 3
#10Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 1:11:51 PM(edited)
foodeater4 posted...
Yep, theres not enough good new games out to keep me going year round. I'm going to replay for the 3rd time Deus Ex and work on pacifist and foxiest achievements starting tonight. Ive also replayed RE5 this year so far. I'm also getting the itch start replaying ME series again soon, maybe when the final DLC comes out. I also am kinda getting itch to replay some old tomb raiders with the new one coming but I dont I'll have time. Playing to the new TR still might make me wanan go back and replay the olds for nostaliga.

well.. I'm playing through Sly 4 right now which is fantastic - then theres -

Crysis 3 - Feb 19
Tomb Raider - March 5
God of War Ascension - March 12
Bioshock Infinite - March 26
Splinter Cell Blacklist - Apr 1
The Last of Us - May 7

not sure how a person can claim there aren't enough good games though, as you can see these are spaced just enough to not let me go back lol.. after this I may try dead space 3 and aliens which should both be dirt cheap by the summer.

not too mention a back log of PoP collection not touch and dead space 2 still sealed.. the life of a gamer.
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.