This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

we should invent our own gaming console

#1LotrMorgothPosted 2/11/2013 1:38:02 PM
if you believe the different news sites apparently nintendo, sony, and MS are all failing and on the verge of bankruptcy leaving no competition in the home console market.

Or maybe just saying those things is a cheap way to promote certain brands and keep competitors fighting with one another

Either way: what should we do tonight?

The same thing we do every night. . . try to take over the world.
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#2darkharePosted 2/11/2013 1:39:09 PM
wife and i are learning programming on the android/tablet, my opinion is thats going to be the next big thing for casual gamers.
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.
#3ARsignal11Posted 2/11/2013 1:44:27 PM
Isn't that what the Ouya is for?
#4LotrMorgoth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 1:46:08 PM
Thought Ouya was a way to play android-based games on home tv/monitor

Didn't think it was dedicated/ had the processing power for more advanced software.
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
#5DonomegaPosted 2/11/2013 1:55:16 PM
LotrMorgoth posted...

Didn't think it was dedicated/ had the processing power for more advanced software.

I thought Ouya sounded good until I learned they'll be releasing a new console each year ala iPad etc.
---
Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 640K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk
3DS FC: 0903-4184-6816
#6JenniferTatePosted 2/11/2013 1:57:17 PM
I don't want it to support used games because it would cut into our profits.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#7LotrMorgoth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 1:58:02 PM
it will play used games but we can charge people to "activate" the software even if bought new
---
#8JenniferTatePosted 2/11/2013 2:02:12 PM
I was figuring that's how the new consoles could work. Much like an online pass, a resale pass.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#9ARsignal11Posted 2/11/2013 2:04:12 PM
LotrMorgoth posted...

If I remember correctly, it was able to play Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Though don't quote me on that.
#10Dragon NexusPosted 2/11/2013 3:07:30 PM(edited)
MS...failing and on the verge of bankruptcy

Yeah, I doubt that somewhat.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln