This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

would you like games that...

#1darkharePosted 2/11/2013 1:47:30 PM
taught you how to do real world things? (being a electrician, as a example) - Results (18 votes)
yes
55.56% (10 votes)
no
44.44% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
another awesome poll by yours truly!
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.
#2LordSepiroth666Posted 2/11/2013 1:48:43 PM
that would be boring to me
---
How bout a nice cup of shut the F up?
#3LotrMorgothPosted 2/11/2013 1:48:50 PM
is this not what guitar hero is for?
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#4darkhare(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 1:50:41 PM
LotrMorgoth posted...

i forgot the name of the other guitar game but it actually teaches you how to play real songs, but no im not referring to guitar hero im referring to games that would actually teach you how to do real world things.
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.
#5SSJGrimReaperPosted 2/11/2013 1:52:04 PM
LotrMorgoth posted...

i forgot the name of the other guitar game but it actually teaches you how to play real songs, but no im not referring to guitar hero im referring to games that would actually teach you how to do real world things.

I think it's called Rocksmith or something like that
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://i.imgur.com/LjCJDdy.jpg
#6darkhare(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 1:53:19 PM
SSJGrimReaper posted...
LotrMorgoth posted...

I think it's called Rocksmith or something like that

hell even donkey kongo got me started on beating a rythme on the bongos. this sentence made me lol.
---
#7SparkItUpPosted 2/11/2013 1:53:25 PM
darkhare posted...
another awesome poll by yours truly!

Teach no....simulate, yes...but it would really only work for a handful of games without being boring.
---
http://youtu.be/_JyETEkNXSY
Not only the best football player alive...the absolute sexiest.
#8dark_shardPosted 2/11/2013 1:54:52 PM
But wait! Don't games already teach us how to be homicidal maniacs!? *looks at stupid politicians*
---
http://amuletsandale.blogspot.com/
GT: darkshardx
#9Dragon NexusPosted 2/11/2013 1:57:53 PM
I'm not entirely sure you can get a game to teach you this stuff better than real life. Well, other than the fact you're not wasting money on materials.

You'd need a lot of peripherals to make it life like. If you just use a controller you're not doing anything Youtube doesn't already have covered.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#10darkhare(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 1:58:44 PM
people seriously wouldnt be interested in this? like a game that taught the person how to be manager of running a fast food place, put the person playing the game in over the top situations but make the actual simulation realistic.
---