This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it time to let RARE go?

#1oasisbeyondPosted 2/11/2013 11:32:05 PM
Does MS still own them and for how long? I think they are using that company in such a wrong way. I can bet my life that if they were with Nintendo we would have gotten a Conker prequel or sequel... And new Banjo and Kazooie game part 3 and a prequel or sequel to perfect Dark...Maybe even anew new Jet Force Gemini.

What do you guys think?
I mean look what Nintendo did for Capcom... Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, Re4, Re0, ReRemake... All awesome sauce. Sure, you can say maybe Capcom would have made those reguardless, but I'm pretty sure if MS told them to do a new Conker they would... But, MS knows nothing about games...

PS 360 is my console of choice, so no bashing O_o.
#2feudelPosted 2/11/2013 11:33:35 PM
They're dead
---
Now Playing: Halo Reach Dead Rising 2 and Sonic 4
#3headwounds13Posted 2/11/2013 11:33:55 PM(edited)
The people that made Rare what it was are gone, it's time for you to let them go.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/headcase.html
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/headwoundss/129167586636177506-1.gif
#4oasisbeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:35:47 PM
^lol, not really. I loved most of there games and own them all... So you might be dead in the head :) They still have the talent to make awesome games, they just need the push and the $$$.
#5doh_23_Posted 2/12/2013 12:01:52 AM
He was right, you should let RARE go.

They aren't the same company at all.
---
Not Changing This Sig Until Toronto Maple Leafs Win Another Stanley Cup
Started 10/03/1973
#6feudelPosted 2/12/2013 12:04:18 AM
oasisbeyond posted...
^lol, not really. I loved most of there games and own them all... So you might be dead in the head :) They still have the talent to make awesome games, they just need the push and the $$$.

They really don't the goldeneye PD team left and made timesplitters
---
Now Playing: Halo Reach Dead Rising 2 and Sonic 4
#7scoobydoobydontPosted 2/12/2013 12:06:49 AM
Rare did some of their best stuff this gen IMO, and I'm hopeful they have something interesting planned for Durango launch/unveiling. MS is more generous/adventuresome at the beginning of generations (well, so far).
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#8oasisbeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 12:11:25 AM
Not all left to Free Radical... Anyways, they are British so they have talent O_o.
I liked all there games this gen, but MS needs to push for these games that people want. It would be an amazing launch to have a 3d platformer and a great change of pace from the typical Cod shooter we will see on launch... Do you really want to go another 6 years of this same old crap.
Heck Rainbow Six needs to be launched on launch day so it could come pretty big.

We need Shooters, Racers, Platformers and more...
#9teehee23Posted 2/12/2013 12:11:48 AM
Kinect Sports sold over 5 million copies and Kameo and Viva Pinata's are great.
No way Microsoft will let them go.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#10oasisbeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 12:18:39 AM
^ Kinect Spoorts = a fad, just like the wii was. Don't think we will see those numbers again.
But, who knows, gaming as never been this bad... and good? lol