This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it time to let RARE go?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is it time to let RARE go?
2 years ago#1
Does MS still own them and for how long? I think they are using that company in such a wrong way. I can bet my life that if they were with Nintendo we would have gotten a Conker prequel or sequel... And new Banjo and Kazooie game part 3 and a prequel or sequel to perfect Dark...Maybe even anew new Jet Force Gemini.

What do you guys think?
I mean look what Nintendo did for Capcom... Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, Re4, Re0, ReRemake... All awesome sauce. Sure, you can say maybe Capcom would have made those reguardless, but I'm pretty sure if MS told them to do a new Conker they would... But, MS knows nothing about games...

PS 360 is my console of choice, so no bashing O_o.
2 years ago#2
They're dead
---
Now Playing: Halo Reach Dead Rising 2 and Sonic 4
2 years ago#3
The people that made Rare what it was are gone, it's time for you to let them go.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/headcase.html
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/headwoundss/129167586636177506-1.gif
2 years ago#4
^lol, not really. I loved most of there games and own them all... So you might be dead in the head :) They still have the talent to make awesome games, they just need the push and the $$$.
2 years ago#5
He was right, you should let RARE go.

They aren't the same company at all.
---
Not Changing This Sig Until Toronto Maple Leafs Win Another Stanley Cup
Started 10/03/1973
2 years ago#6
oasisbeyond posted...
^lol, not really. I loved most of there games and own them all... So you might be dead in the head :) They still have the talent to make awesome games, they just need the push and the $$$.

They really don't the goldeneye PD team left and made timesplitters
---
Now Playing: Halo Reach Dead Rising 2 and Sonic 4
2 years ago#7
Rare did some of their best stuff this gen IMO, and I'm hopeful they have something interesting planned for Durango launch/unveiling. MS is more generous/adventuresome at the beginning of generations (well, so far).
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
2 years ago#8
Not all left to Free Radical... Anyways, they are British so they have talent O_o.
I liked all there games this gen, but MS needs to push for these games that people want. It would be an amazing launch to have a 3d platformer and a great change of pace from the typical Cod shooter we will see on launch... Do you really want to go another 6 years of this same old crap.
Heck Rainbow Six needs to be launched on launch day so it could come pretty big.

We need Shooters, Racers, Platformers and more...
2 years ago#9
Kinect Sports sold over 5 million copies and Kameo and Viva Pinata's are great.
No way Microsoft will let them go.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
2 years ago#10
^ Kinect Spoorts = a fad, just like the wii was. Don't think we will see those numbers again.
But, who knows, gaming as never been this bad... and good? lol
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is it time to let RARE go?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived