This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys think the Next Xbox will have built-in Wi-Fi support?

#1SolnotPosted 2/12/2013 12:47:10 AM
Do you guys think the Next Xbox will have built-in Wi-Fi support? - Results (74 votes)
Yeah
93.24% (69 votes)
Nah
6.76% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Seeing as how the first Xbox 360 batches didn't come with it, it really doesn't seem that important to include such an unnecessary feature. If people really want it, they can just buy a wireless adapter like they do now.
#2staticxtreme5Posted 2/12/2013 2:24:55 AM
Yes it'll definitely have a wireless N adapter built right in. I couldn't imagine any console being released from here on out that didn't support wireless internet connections right out of the box.
#3memphis12Posted 2/12/2013 2:30:00 AM
100% yes.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#4CapwnDPosted 2/12/2013 4:01:43 AM(edited)
oh god Solonot topic.

Yes. The wireless crowd has won. When the wireless crowd gets serious about online gaming where packet loss and latency is relevant, they will learn why it was such a bad decision.

It's like electing a president and wondering wtf went wrong 3 years later, but now it's too late.

Newer and more convenient technology doesn't mean better.

At least in the case of HDTV LCD and Plasma offer at least a couple benefits aside from the physical convenience.... better geometry and no thick glass (not in terms of weight, but visual aesthetics). But wireless gaming offers no technological benefit at all, unless you like to lag in online games.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#5bigpoppapatPosted 2/12/2013 5:18:57 AM
CaPwnD posted...
oh god Solonot topic.

Yes. The wireless crowd has won. When the wireless crowd gets serious about online gaming where packet loss and latency is relevant, they will learn why it was such a bad decision.

It's like electing a president and wondering wtf went wrong 3 years later, but now it's too late.

Newer and more convenient technology doesn't mean better.

At least in the case of HDTV LCD and Plasma offer at least a couple benefits aside from the physical convenience.... better geometry and no thick glass (not in terms of weight, but visual aesthetics). But wireless gaming offers no technological benefit at all, unless you like to lag in online games.

well sometimes you have to accommodate everyone. some ppl can't practically run a wire to their xbox. as long as it supports wired also, what's the big deal? did u complain when wireless controllers became standard?
---
Sent via PowerFAQs
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii617/patoons/f5gif.gif http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii617/patoons/clap2.gif
#6TravarkothPosted 2/12/2013 5:24:30 AM
Yes.
---
"Please stop being human. "
--- 343 Guilty Spark ---
#7CapwnDPosted 2/12/2013 8:09:22 AM
well sometimes you have to accommodate everyone. some ppl can't practically run a wire to their xbox. as long as it supports wired also, what's the big deal? did u complain when wireless controllers became standard?

A wireless controller only affects that person using it. A wirelss connection affects everybody else.
---
#8CapwnDPosted 2/12/2013 9:53:05 AM
I'm not trying to be elitist for the sake of being elitist.
---
#9GGearXPosted 2/12/2013 9:55:52 AM
CaPwnD posted...
I'm not trying to be elitist for the sake of being elitist.

You are The elitest on top audio visual, whatever we name, man you know all about it.

So hardcore.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#10CapwnDPosted 2/12/2013 10:14:35 AM
It's a gift and a curse.
---