This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which was worse?

#1pothocketPosted 2/12/2013 9:54:52 AM
Read below before voting - Results (14 votes)
The boss battles in Deus Ex
42.86% (6 votes)
Eidos passing the blame on the boss battles
57.14% (8 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This whole thing with Aliens and much of the work being outsourced has got me thinking about something similar that happened with Deus Ex.

I want to know what upsets people more. The actual horrible boss battles or the way Eidos Montreal was quick to pass the buck and not take credit for them?

As a gamer, I can do what I have to to defeat those bosses. As a consumer, I can't get over how spineless people can be as opposed to taking responsibility for a product that their name is on.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2bluehat94Posted 2/12/2013 9:58:38 AM
Why would Eidos Montreal take credit for the boss battles if they weren't even responsible for making them? It's not like they made it up, they did outsource the boss battles, it was made even more clear when the Missing Link DLC was released and had an amazing boss battle that showed how they should have been done.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#3pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 10:01:23 AM
bluehat94 posted...
Why would Eidos Montreal take credit for the boss battles if they weren't even responsible for making them?

Because of the image it creates. It implies they don't even have control over their own content. It implies there could be other stuff outsourced that Eidos is taking credit for because it's not being criticized.
---
#4pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 10:24:17 AM
bump

Jeez people, change your display settings to more than ten topics per a page.
---
#5JukainPosted 2/12/2013 10:25:08 AM
I didn't really have a problem with the bosses aside from the fact that you had no choice in how to go about doing them. You had to use brute force, and there really was no way around them. Granted, as long as you had a Combat Rifle, you were fine, and if you didn't, there was one close by... it really wasn't that big of a deal. I had more of a problem with the ending selection machine at the end than the boss battles.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#6TravarkothPosted 2/12/2013 10:29:31 AM
Jeez people, change your display settings to more than ten topics per a page.

I know, right? 50 topics per page is where it's at. Same for topic pages.

But on-topic, I agree - the boss battles in Dues Ex: Human Revolution were pretty bad. The game encourages you to choose how you want to approach the game (stealth or action, respectively). However, the boss battles boil down to just straight up action-fests.

I heard the DLC got it right, but I haven't tried it out yet.
---
"Please stop being human. "
--- 343 Guilty Spark ---