This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adults 21-30 years old, do you notice yourself playing MORE or LESS videogames?

#11GGearXPosted 2/12/2013 10:38:01 AM
whiteboygene posted...
CaseyJonez posted...
Well.. some people who are 21 actually have their own apartment, jobs, bills, partners, and go to school 3-4 days a week.

Edit: I mean it's cool if your're a bum, living in your parents basement. Let's not knock TC for asking a reasonable question.

Really? Who's that? What 21 year old do you know that can afford an apartment, insurance payments, car payments, a partner, tuition, internet and cable service, and more, all on a job that requires only a high school education or two year degree? In which case, this 20-something Associates owner would (supposedly) be shoved directly into a job in which they can afford all of the above and still have time to make ****head remarks on the internet by the time they turn 21? You are so full of ****, kids like you on the internet are a dime a dozen. You just backed yourself into a corner and I'm very curious what you have to say about the matter, especially in this recession.

Why are you getting so mad? I don't think everyone in a certain age group has the same lifestyle, as you do or as Casey does. Chill out broski, lemme buy you a drink.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#12GGearXPosted 2/12/2013 10:38:57 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
GGearX posted...
WOAH ODSTD. I thought you were younger. You certainly act like it.

I'm 25 LOL XD :D :P

Oh snaps, you are OLD
---
#13pothocketPosted 2/12/2013 10:40:57 AM(edited)
whiteboygene posted...
CaseyJonez posted...
Well.. some people who are 21 actually have their own apartment, jobs, bills, partners, and go to school 3-4 days a week.

Edit: I mean it's cool if your're a bum, living in your parents basement. Let's not knock TC for asking a reasonable question.

Really? Who's that? What 21 year old do you know that can afford an apartment, insurance payments, car payments, a partner, tuition, internet and cable service, and more, all on a job that requires only a high school education or two year degree? In which case, this 20-something Associates owner would (supposedly) be shoved directly into a job in which they can afford all of the above and still have time to make ****head remarks on the internet by the time they turn 21? You are so full of ****, kids like you on the internet are a dime a dozen. You just backed yourself into a corner and I'm very curious what you have to say about the matter, especially in this recession.

Sounds like me when I was 21. Had a job, apt, girl, school, bills. And I still gamed all the time. What's not normal is staying with your parents well into your 20s.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#14HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 10:40:35 AM
GGearX posted...
HaloODSTD posted...
GGearX posted...

Oh snaps, you are OLD

yep, and I hear it enough from my girlfriend how immature I am (-____- )
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#15Vivi0198Posted 2/12/2013 10:43:22 AM
You just have so much less time as an adult.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#16GGearXPosted 2/12/2013 10:43:24 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
GGearX posted...
HaloODSTD posted...
GGearX posted...

Oh snaps, you are OLD

yep, and I hear it enough from my girlfriend how immature I am (-____- )

Girl... Friend? I thought you were a chick. ....
---
#17whiteboygenePosted 2/12/2013 10:43:26 AM
GGearX posted...
Why are you getting so mad? I don't think everyone in a certain age group has the same lifestyle, as you do or as Casey does. Chill out broski, lemme buy you a drink.

Not mad, just sick of the ignorance, and I mean it when I say that kids who think like that are way more common than they should be. No understanding what so ever of money or the financial crisis this country is still facing. Just because their daddy gave them an overpaying job straight out of high school doesn't mean the rest of us are so (un)fortunate.
---
Good deeds should be done not for compensation or to please an invisible deity, they should just simply be done. People who agree: 847
#18JenniferTatePosted 2/12/2013 10:43:48 AM
Well, I didn't have the tuition to worry about thanks to forward thinking on my dad's part and scholarships and grants, but aside from that, I did.

And my brother. And sister. And my old roommate, who worked in a box factory 25-40 hours a week while balancing her 16 credit semesters. Roommates and live-in partners help cut costs.

My sister-in-law did three years at college (rushed it during the summers) and landed an 80k job at Whirlpool's head office before she even graduated (thanks to networking and interning). That's not the norm, and it surprised me, too, but it can happen.

I don't know, maybe it's the way I was brought up and lived my life, but I don't understand the way you're phrasing that situation as an impossible burden. I look at it like, "If you want it, work for it". That said, even before the recession, I've noticed some of my friends and acquaintances staying at home or going back home in their middle twenties to thirties. I have a friend whose mom still gives him allowance at 31. She actually doesn't WANT him to leave the house for some reason.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#19HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 10:44:41 AM
GGearX posted...

LOL for the 100th time, no, I'm a not a chick, I have a d**k
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#20GGearXPosted 2/12/2013 10:47:54 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
GGearX posted...

LOL for the 100th time, no, I'm a not a chick, I have a d**k

Ugh. And I've been hitting on you all this time. Your GT is Jessica so I thought you were a chick. Ugh. I wanna vomit. Dude don't talk to me again, I don't like you anymore.
---