This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adults 21-30 years old, do you notice yourself playing MORE or LESS videogames?

#111DJCactusPosted 2/12/2013 8:26:41 PM
im just seeing less innovative material. Since Ive started playing games to now the last 5 years have been less good then in the past. I understand updated graphics and what not but gameplay these days seems to leave more to be desired.
#112Scared0o0RabbitPosted 2/12/2013 8:33:38 PM
Being an extremely serious student in a hard field means I don't take much time for video games.
---
Gaming for > 20 years
XBL: Cagey Rabbit
#113randomweirdoPosted 2/12/2013 8:35:22 PM
GGearX posted...
randomweirdo posted...
Ah, I see, us 30+ folks don't count as adults then.

Technically you are middle aged.
40 is grandpa status
and 50- is freedom status ( or whenever retirement is) I can't wait to get old and have some hot nurse scrub my back while I play the PS100 and the XCUBED and the Waggle

Well, rather hard for me to ever be a grandpa when I 1) have no kids and never plan to have any 2) am female, so even if I had kids at best I could be a grandma.

Like someone else said, it really is more a matter of the commitments you have in life. I'm single with no kids and plan to stay that way. The only way I'll stop gaming is if I'm dead or there are no games worth playing.
#114xChaosLordxPosted 2/12/2013 8:40:52 PM
Too many games feel like interactive movies now days. And that isn't intended to be positive. I think a game should clearly feel like a game. When I game I want to use a traditional pad or keyboard + mouse, nothing unusual like an over sized pad with a screen on it that runs out of battery fast and is prone to breaking/failing easier.
#115plus1zeroPosted 2/12/2013 9:04:35 PM
I find I'll go through weeks only playing 1-2 hours the entire week then other times I'll play 20 hours in a week.

26 btw. I have a tendency to buy cheap games but not actually play them D:
#116PrehistoryBloakPosted 2/12/2013 9:05:15 PM
Much less.

Weekday Schedule
Wake up at 6:30- Shower, eat breakfast, get dressed leave for work by 7:50
Work 8:330
3:30-6:30- I have this time to exercise and shower again before I help run the church group at the University I am an alumnus of
9:00 got about an hour to wind down and go to bed. I'll occasionally pick up the controller and play an hour late until 11. (It is 11, I am about to go to bed right now, usually I get to bed by 10)

I generally only play about 2-4 hours during the week total, if that even. Most likely less.

During the weekend it depends. My work follows me home during the weekend so I usually take about 2-4 hours to do that. I usually hangout with friends on Saturdays and Sundays, and I go to church and brunch with friends on Sunday. My total time of playing games usually depends on whether or not my friends and I are doing anything on the weekends.

On average I would say I play 6-8 hours a week, and I really try to squeak in time (I missed two days of work last week due to illness so I probably played 20). When I was in college and high school I probably played 20-30 hrs on average. I've seen a major drop.

I still love games just as much. But life just took over.
---
gamertag/PSN ID Saggyspecial/Saggy_brown
#11795_EclipsePosted 2/12/2013 9:09:29 PM
Obviously when I'm working my play time is down, but over all, its about the same freetime=gaming ratio.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#118CTBradumsPosted 2/12/2013 9:22:29 PM
Less. I moved from a "job" to a "career", I'm married, and I have a baby now. Needless to say, I have jack **** for free time, comparatively.

It's not ageism, it's realism. 21-30 is the age group where young adults start moving forward, having kids, and planning ahead. That takes a toll on free time and gaming.
#119ItsTheSasquatchPosted 2/12/2013 9:55:43 PM
It depends. Does game programming count? I've been doing more of that than actually playing games lately.
---
*disappears into forest*
#120conradpowerPosted 2/12/2013 10:27:03 PM
i m 40 and still playing,of coz i only play 2~3 hours daily