This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adults 21-30 years old, do you notice yourself playing MORE or LESS videogames?

#121NewavePosted 2/12/2013 10:32:38 PM
27 now, play about the same amount as I've ever done, several hours some days, not a single second other days.

The biggest difference now compared to 10 years ago would be that I now have so many games that I switch between games more often instead of deep diving into just one.

Back then I would play, for example, Final Fantasy VII, ONLY, for weeks, maybe even months, without playing any other games.

Now when I play games I usually play 6-8 different ones that I actively switch between regularly, sometimes I can play all of them in just one day, only playing for a short burst then on to the next one.

I also switch out games in the batch I'm playing, when I'm done with one or when I grow tired of one I switch it for something else while still playing the rest, so the list always changes.
Sometimes I even replace the entire list at the same time and just start playing a whole new group of games.

Right now I'm replaying a lot of classics because I've bought myself some nice RGB cables for my PS2 and GameCube for better image quality, a lot better than my old composite cables could ever deliver.

Replaying:
Final Fantasy VII, Granstream Saga, Armored Core 2, Armored Core Nine Breaker and Darkwatch.

Replaying and trying to through to the end for the first time:
Legaia 2 Duel Saga, Metroid Prime and Resident Evil Zero (almost at the end in Zero now, it's a lot shorter than the other two).
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#122Snake_Eyes_v2Posted 2/12/2013 10:40:25 PM
You just have so much less time as an adult.

lol, no.

Wait, f*** why the hell can I see an HaloOSTD topic... f***ing alt account why f***!
---
We were, of course, all ninjas
#123Nirvanas_NoxPosted 2/12/2013 10:54:31 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...
I work from home and on my own schedule, so I game when I want. I prefer to game at night from 11-4ish.

pretty much this but i usually get all my work done in the morning and then game the rest of the day.
---
If you are unable to sissy that walk, then at the very least, you must sissy that talk. -Rupaul
#124RevenancedPosted 2/12/2013 10:59:58 PM
I play significantly less games now but it's definitely not because I don't want to be playing them. Just have other responsibilities that take priority. If I didn't have work and school, I'd be playing games much more frequently then I am now.
---
Currently playing: WoW Private server (Warsong 12x) - https://www.wow-one.com/
-- Xbox Live Gamertag: RevenanceSLC
#125Anema1986Posted 2/12/2013 11:14:41 PM
much less, being an rpg fan, i find myself losing interest really fast on good rpg and enjoying more games that doesnt require a lot of games (still full games, not crappy ios games), fighting games and action games are now my choice since they are easy to pick up and play
---
The only time where a bible is useful is in a castlevania game
#126bassbx891Posted 2/12/2013 11:55:11 PM
it does seem like i just dont find as much interest in games as i did before. where before i could play through an entire final fantasy game in one sitting, now i do one battle and just dont feel motivated to play after that.

than again i dont feel motivated to do almost anything i like to do so maybe its me :D
---
"Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!"
#127C810Posted 2/13/2013 12:01:10 AM
I'm 21 and in college, but I've been pretty consistent with how much I play and how many new games I get. I usually play more on the weekends now because of homework and labs, but the hours per week is roughly the same
---
"Modern Biology is Chemistry, modern Chemistry is Physics, and modern Physics is...crazy." - Mark Peyron
#128Perfect LightPosted 2/13/2013 12:05:08 AM
Less overall time but definitely more individual games.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#129J0hn1337Posted 2/13/2013 12:07:59 AM
I'm 20 and i almost never play anymore. Used to play steam games , pc gaming, and occasionally the 360. Guess i just grew out of it or found to point to sometimes.
---
21.Shump.Street
#130Petite-DryadPosted 2/13/2013 12:15:37 AM
I find myself playing far less than I have in years and spend more time surfing the internet... go figure.
---
I have my G1...