This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adults 21-30 years old, do you notice yourself playing MORE or LESS videogames?

#141untouchable010Posted 2/13/2013 5:30:16 PM
I'm 25, married, and work a 43 hour week. I'd say some weeks I can get in about the same amount of gaming as I used to during college. But then there are other weeks, depending on what's going on in my life, that I barely play at all; sometimes multiple days in a row without gameplay. That's where some youtube game videos come into play. It's just life but I'll never give up on gaming, I love it too much.
---
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings.
#142whiteboygenePosted 2/14/2013 8:40:30 AM
SgtBass8705 posted...
whiteboygene posted...
CaseyJonez posted...
Well.. some people who are 21 actually have their own apartment, jobs, bills, partners, and go to school 3-4 days a week.

Edit: I mean it's cool if your're a bum, living in your parents basement. Let's not knock TC for asking a reasonable question.

Really? Who's that? What 21 year old do you know that can afford an apartment, insurance payments, car payments, a partner, tuition, internet and cable service, and more, all on a job that requires only a high school education or two year degree? In which case, this 20-something Associates owner would (supposedly) be shoved directly into a job in which they can afford all of the above and still have time to make ****head remarks on the internet by the time they turn 21? You are so full of ****, kids like you on the internet are a dime a dozen. You just backed yourself into a corner and I'm very curious what you have to say about the matter, especially in this recession.

When I was 20 I was married owned 2 cars, a house, and made anywhere from 4,000 - 8,000 a month my wife made 2,500 to 3,200 a month. I had an Associates degree in Criminal Justice, and she was high school educated. People like you are ignorant. Plenty of people in that age range have connections with people that allows them to make great livings.

Instead of quoting and quoting and pointing out the ridiculous load of BULL**** that is being said in this topic, I'll just reply to this one. I'd like you to know that you'd have a hard time getting a job at Arby's with an associates in criminal justice in this economy. I don't know what year this was, or which "connection" just simply handed you a $6000/month job after two years of college, but things simply don't work like that any more. It's not a "self-defeating" nature, you guys grew up in a time where it was simply easier to find work. And please, could you guys please stop conveniently forgetting to disclose how you exactly made so much money without any training or education? I'd love to know, GameFAQs is an interesting place and truly reveals the sad things you folks value in life, with how alarmingly defensive (and proud) some of you are, I know that you're at least not telling the whole truth. It's alright, I know you'll never admit it.

Also, a 22 year-old getting paid year long to "teach kids how to take the SATs" (something that is already done in both private and public school systems).... oooookay. If you expect anyone else here to believe that, fine, I about died laughing when you started listing how you distributed that income. Good job bros, this topic has been great. I'm glad that it was easy to get welding jobs in 1987, or whatever piece of ancient history you folks are referring to. It's nice to see such successful young people, but please, don't pretend that you supported yourself out of high school on a minimum wage job. The math doesn't make sense, unless all of you are up to your ass in debt, and will be forever. Minus the doctors and Justin Timberlake.

One nice thing about this economy is that you old farts just can't simply say, "Oh the youth has it so easy these days!" Yeah the **** right, at least there were jobs available when you were young. There's a lot more I could say about that, too.
---
Good deeds should be done not for compensation or to please an invisible deity, they should just simply be done. People who agree: 847
#143HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 8:42:50 AM
you guys are STILL going at this?
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#144whiteboygenePosted 2/14/2013 8:59:02 AM
Yeah, I'm 24, I took a day out from the medical office where I make $800k/year and am now out on my yacht posting to gamefaqs via iPhone while playing bongos on the butts of 12 hot young models and drinking Kanye's finest reserves and snorting caviar.

and I pay my own billz.
---
Good deeds should be done not for compensation or to please an invisible deity, they should just simply be done. People who agree: 847
#145faris_ruhiPosted 2/14/2013 9:26:22 AM(edited)
I find myself playing less but a lot more games that I want to play. In fact, what I've done now is stopped buying new games altogether (short of a couple of games I know are good, that I will like, but aren't going to sell well, to show my support.).

Going through my backlog that has been built up by friends and family giving me games they're done with, plus some games that I have bought. Backlog is over 70 games right now.

But having just made a list of games I want to play that have released this gen, the list is nearing 190. And that's just on the ps3/360.

Some of course, I'll end up skipping once I play them a bit, due to being too dated or something, I skipped 2 already. Tomb Raider anniversary, played the first one and didn't like it enough to go through a remake again and Stranglehold (the only game to give me motion sickness). Also looks like Saints Row will be skipped, not into the GTA type games.

I want to play a bunch of wii games as well, which I will once I get a wii u, but that's going to be years from now.

So many games, not enough time.

Oh, and it's not like I only recently got these consoles either.

Bought a 360 on ps3 launch day (nov 2006), bought a ps3 in feb 2008.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Going through backlog in order of release, Current game: Saints Row (360)
#146QuetzocoetlPosted 2/14/2013 9:24:26 AM
Less. College takes it's toll....then games pileup and I can't even decide what to play...
---
Retribution Boards >retribution.muux.org< -Free Forum, Free Speech.
Gamertag: Quetzocoetl
#147mdotwillie09Posted 2/14/2013 9:47:25 AM
I play less. I'm 27. Wife and a kid will do that to you. Well can't blame them between them and work I do have about same free time as when I was single and at home I just choose to use it differently. I was just telling my Cuz how I miss the carefree days a little bit, now I can play games for hours but ill feel like a bum because I could have done other stuff I. E. Gym, hanging with friends, etc. Worst part is I've become very casual in taste. Except for maybe 3-5 titles a year that I anticipate and see to completion I end up just playing cod, madden or nba 2k..Mostly because they don't involve a 8 to 10 hr campaign commitment and more so because my friends are playing those and rare times we can actually play together.
---
Xbox Live & PSN GT: Mdotwillie09
#148ThugETHPosted 2/15/2013 11:31:41 AM
Perfect Light posted...
Thug4L1fe posted...
I'm 35 but am lucky as I get to play 10 out of 12 hours a night when I'm on shifts at work as I'm the only person on the site most of the time.

Must be nice to have a completely pointless job.

It is very nice.
It's also nice taking home 2.5K a month.
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#149memphis12Posted 2/15/2013 11:57:24 AM
Quote:Perfect Light posted...
Thug4L1fe posted...
I'm 35 but am lucky as I get to play 10 out of 12 hours a night when I'm on shifts at work as I'm the only person on the site most of the time.

Must be nice to have a completely pointless job.

It is very nice.
It's also nice taking home £2.5K a month.

@Thug4L1fe

UK? Do you mind if I ask where you work? I have a job very similar, NHS...
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#150ZuuFPosted 2/15/2013 12:22:55 PM
More. Ever since I've started selling more of my writing (at least 200 copies a month), I've been able to cut back to about 20-25 hours of work a week.
---
I am a writer (mostly a poet). If you're interested in buying my work, let me know (message me).
Feel free to check my ZuuF facebook page for samples.