This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adults 21-30 years old, do you notice yourself playing MORE or LESS videogames?

#21bs129Posted 2/12/2013 10:47:57 AM
Work and school really have cut down on my gaming time. Hard to pull a late night gaming session when you have to go to work early in the morning -___-
---
GT: xGSx LightsOut
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/xGSxLightsOut?feature=watch
#22pothocketPosted 2/12/2013 10:49:18 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
GGearX posted...
Girl... Friend? I thought you were a chick. ....

LOL for the 100th time, no, I'm a not a chick, I have a d**k

A ****? I thought you were a lesbian?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#23HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 10:49:28 AM
GGearX posted...
HaloODSTD posted...
GGearX posted...
Girl... Friend? I thought you were a chick. ....

LOL for the 100th time, no, I'm a not a chick, I have a d**k

Ugh. And I've been hitting on you all this time. Your GT is Jessica so I thought you were a chick. Ugh. I wanna vomit. Dude don't talk to me again, I don't like you anymore.

\( n__________n)/
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#24GGearXPosted 2/12/2013 10:53:41 AM
AlkalineKitten posted...
I look at it like, "If you want it, work for it"

It works that way sometimes. The gaming industry, music industry( I want to be here) , Sports and others are very hard to get into. Some people weren't born to be NFL players. Just because you want it and work for it. Doesn't mean you'll always get it. I learned that at a very young age.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#25whiteboygenePosted 2/12/2013 10:54:03 AM
AlkalineKitten posted...
Well, I didn't have the tuition to worry about thanks to forward thinking on my dad's part and scholarships and grants, but aside from that, I did.

And my brother. And sister. And my old roommate, who worked in a box factory 25-40 hours a week while balancing her 16 credit semesters. Roommates and live-in partners help cut costs.

My sister-in-law did three years at college (rushed it during the summers) and landed an 80k job at Whirlpool's head office before she even graduated (thanks to networking and interning). That's not the norm, and it surprised me, too, but it can happen.

I don't know, maybe it's the way I was brought up and lived my life, but I don't understand the way you're phrasing that situation as an impossible burden. I look at it like, "If you want it, work for it". That said, even before the recession, I've noticed some of my friends and acquaintances staying at home or going back home in their middle twenties to thirties. I have a friend whose mom still gives him allowance at 31. She actually doesn't WANT him to leave the house for some reason.

Then =/= now. You really think this guy is working at a box factory and taking 16-credit semesters, barely making it from check to check? Usually people who work hard and make it by don't feel the need to boast about it. In my experience, it's always the ridiculously spoiled or fortunate people who are constantly giving "advice" to others on how to live their lives.

@ pothocket where did you work where you were able to fully support yourself during college? Did you have health insurance? Was your car paid off? I'm just curious, I don't know how long ago this was but I am very intrigued by the amount of high-paying work gamefaqs members seem to find/have found without schooling or training outside of H.S., very interesting (and extremely convenient, for their arguments sake).
---
Good deeds should be done not for compensation or to please an invisible deity, they should just simply be done. People who agree: 847
#26pothocketPosted 2/12/2013 11:02:18 AM
A retail chain store that I have since worked my way up through and am now within the corporate offices. Yes I have health insurance. Can't remember about my car. I crashed one around then got a beater for a few years before getting a new car. I probably was paying both car loan and insurance bills when I was 21 though.
---
#27GGearXPosted 2/12/2013 11:03:59 AM
I make 150,000 a year. I run a mowing business, I'm a pool boy during the summer, and I have 3 houses for rent. And I'm only 23. I'm a hard worker.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#28pothocketPosted 2/12/2013 11:06:16 AM
I don't think age really was anything to do with how much you game. It's all about whether or not you got a kid.
---
#29homestylesPosted 2/12/2013 11:08:41 AM
pothocket posted...
I don't think age really was anything to do with how much you game. It's all about whether or not you got a kid.

Definitely true, and it really boils down to how many obligations you have in your life. I'm engaged and have no children, so I'm content and happy just being at home during the week, so I game now more than ever. During the weekend I try and stay offline though.
#30JenniferTatePosted 2/12/2013 11:09:16 AM
whiteboygene posted...
AlkalineKitten posted...
Well, I didn't have the tuition to worry about thanks to forward thinking on my dad's part and scholarships and grants, but aside from that, I did.

And my brother. And sister. And my old roommate, who worked in a box factory 25-40 hours a week while balancing her 16 credit semesters. Roommates and live-in partners help cut costs.

My sister-in-law did three years at college (rushed it during the summers) and landed an 80k job at Whirlpool's head office before she even graduated (thanks to networking and interning). That's not the norm, and it surprised me, too, but it can happen.

I don't know, maybe it's the way I was brought up and lived my life, but I don't understand the way you're phrasing that situation as an impossible burden. I look at it like, "If you want it, work for it". That said, even before the recession, I've noticed some of my friends and acquaintances staying at home or going back home in their middle twenties to thirties. I have a friend whose mom still gives him allowance at 31. She actually doesn't WANT him to leave the house for some reason.

Then =/= now. You really think this guy is working at a box factory and taking 16-credit semesters, barely making it from check to check? Usually people who work hard and make it by don't feel the need to boast about it. In my experience, it's always the ridiculously spoiled or fortunate people who are constantly giving "advice" to others on how to live their lives.

I apologize if you think I was boasting, through it all I went through some **** times and events from then through now I wouldn't wish on anyone. I wasn't coasting by on the path to success. I'm still not. You wanted examples.

My brother and sister aren't "then", stories, though. My brother is 21 right now, sister is 24.

Do I really think people can make it check to check? Yeah. My best friend doesn't work because he...simply doesn't want to. His wife picks up all the work and is putting herself through college. But she's fine with it because he cooks dinner and is a good guy. It just means they're super, super scraping and rarely can do anything with us.

Is the economy hard? Hell yes. We can talk about that if you want to, because I'll agree with you all week about it.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go