This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adults 21-30 years old, do you notice yourself playing MORE or LESS videogames?

#31GGearXPosted 2/12/2013 12:10:32 PM
pothocket posted...
I don't think age really was anything to do with how much you game. It's all about whether or not you got a kid.

That's right. I have a friend who had a kid around senior year in High School. He was playing 24 /7 , then * plop* the baby came out of him.
That was the day I lost a fine soldier in Call of Duty.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#32whiteboygenePosted 2/12/2013 12:14:18 PM
GGearX posted...
I make 150,000 a year. I run a mowing business, I'm a pool boy during the summer, and I have 3 houses for rent. And I'm only 23. I'm a hard worker.

LOL
---
Good deeds should be done not for compensation or to please an invisible deity, they should just simply be done. People who agree: 847
#33JenniferTatePosted 2/12/2013 12:16:53 PM
GGearX posted...
AlkalineKitten posted...
I look at it like, "If you want it, work for it"

It works that way sometimes. The gaming industry, music industry( I want to be here) , Sports and others are very hard to get into. Some people weren't born to be NFL players. Just because you want it and work for it. Doesn't mean you'll always get it. I learned that at a very young age.

I agree with you. I've been working to get into the comic and film industry since I was 16 and at 30 am finally cracking it.

That wasn't exactly what I meant, though. I meant if you want to be able to afford things like games and time to game, you can make it happen. Quality of life.

I went into health care not because I care about health care, but because it was a field that wanted people and paid well. That was all I cared about for a few years, it was a lucrative position in demand. In my spare time I worked on my art and writing. Eventually I made enough headway there that I could drop the "job" and try to make a living doing what I actually wanted. And yeah, my "fun money" did take a dive, and still isn't where it was, but it's a long term gamble.

I still pick up odd jobs here just to get some extra money - nothing I need, but to afford things I want. I collect original art from comic conventions, which is pricey, so I do extra like passing out flyers or bar tending events so I can have spending money without worrying about my budget.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#34whiteboygenePosted 2/12/2013 12:21:21 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...
whiteboygene posted...
AlkalineKitten posted...
Well, I didn't have the tuition to worry about thanks to forward thinking on my dad's part and scholarships and grants, but aside from that, I did.

And my brother. And sister. And my old roommate, who worked in a box factory 25-40 hours a week while balancing her 16 credit semesters. Roommates and live-in partners help cut costs.

My sister-in-law did three years at college (rushed it during the summers) and landed an 80k job at Whirlpool's head office before she even graduated (thanks to networking and interning). That's not the norm, and it surprised me, too, but it can happen.

I don't know, maybe it's the way I was brought up and lived my life, but I don't understand the way you're phrasing that situation as an impossible burden. I look at it like, "If you want it, work for it". That said, even before the recession, I've noticed some of my friends and acquaintances staying at home or going back home in their middle twenties to thirties. I have a friend whose mom still gives him allowance at 31. She actually doesn't WANT him to leave the house for some reason.

Then =/= now. You really think this guy is working at a box factory and taking 16-credit semesters, barely making it from check to check? Usually people who work hard and make it by don't feel the need to boast about it. In my experience, it's always the ridiculously spoiled or fortunate people who are constantly giving "advice" to others on how to live their lives.

I apologize if you think I was boasting, through it all I went through some **** times and events from then through now I wouldn't wish on anyone. I wasn't coasting by on the path to success. I'm still not. You wanted examples.

My brother and sister aren't "then", stories, though. My brother is 21 right now, sister is 24.

Do I really think people can make it check to check? Yeah. My best friend doesn't work because he...simply doesn't want to. His wife picks up all the work and is putting herself through college. But she's fine with it because he cooks dinner and is a good guy. It just means they're super, super scraping and rarely can do anything with us.

Is the economy hard? Hell yes. We can talk about that if you want to, because I'll agree with you all week about it.

Oh, I didn't mean you. Hopefully we all can agree that the economy is rough right now. I'm just tired of spoiled kids who have been handed everything projecting their own false success onto other people. Although I can't say I'm surprised, "I'm young and make tonz of moneyzzzz" is the d***-swinging of gamefaqs.
---
Good deeds should be done not for compensation or to please an invisible deity, they should just simply be done. People who agree: 847
#35blingbling078Posted 2/12/2013 12:21:57 PM
Im 34 with a gf but she had a kid.. Plus im past the club phase so all i do is netflix and games lol
#36AWarAmp84Posted 2/12/2013 12:22:48 PM
GGearX posted...
I make 150,000 a year. I run a mowing business, I'm a pool boy during the summer, and I have 3 houses for rent. And I'm only 23. I'm a hard worker.

I call bulls#*t. While I don't doubt that you're a hard worker, I find it hard to believe that you established a business from scratch all by yourself and now make $150,000 a year which is just YOUR salary alone all before the age of 23. You've definitely had some help in one way or another. Just be honest, you should really give credit where credit is due.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#37RubMyDuckyPosted 2/12/2013 12:24:19 PM
Less, because of work, but that's probably a good thing because I never get burnt out from playing games.
---
Optimizations seems to be a arcane art of video games. Few devs are masters of it. Some occasionally stumble upon it. But to most, it's all ancient Greek.
#38GGearXPosted 2/12/2013 12:27:33 PM
AWarAmp84 posted...
GGearX posted...

I call bulls#*t. While I don't doubt that you're a hard worker, I find it hard to believe that you established a business from scratch all by yourself and now make $150,000 a year which is just YOUR salary alone all before the age of 23. You've definitely had some help in one way or another. Just be honest, you should really give credit where credit is due.

Ok I'll be honest... Here's the truth........ I did it all by myself.

(btw this is my imaginary life, I am anonymous and I can be whatever the hell I want to be . )

Right now I'm a singer. I earn 1 billion dollars a year. They call me. Justin Timberlake.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#39chex81Posted 2/12/2013 12:35:24 PM
definitely less
---
gt/psn: chex81
#40DonomegaPosted 2/12/2013 12:37:02 PM
I'm a little older then 20 but I only play less because of my job. And when I am off work I only play less because of my kids. Sad, I know.
---
Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 640K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk
3DS FC: 0903-4184-6816