This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adults 21-30 years old, do you notice yourself playing MORE or LESS videogames?

#51Gandalf the IstariPosted 2/12/2013 1:37:50 PM
whiteboygene posted...
CaseyJonez posted...
Well.. some people who are 21 actually have their own apartment, jobs, bills, partners, and go to school 3-4 days a week.

Edit: I mean it's cool if your're a bum, living in your parents basement. Let's not knock TC for asking a reasonable question.

Really? Who's that? What 21 year old do you know that can afford an apartment, insurance payments, car payments, a partner, tuition, internet and cable service, and more, all on a job that requires only a high school education or two year degree? In which case, this 20-something Associates owner would (supposedly) be shoved directly into a job in which they can afford all of the above and still have time to make ****head remarks on the internet by the time they turn 21? You are so full of ****, kids like you on the internet are a dime a dozen. You just backed yourself into a corner and I'm very curious what you have to say about the matter, especially in this recession.

21 might be slightly early. But I graduated high school a year early and therefore college a year early and was entirely financially independent by age 22.
#52drclaeysPosted 2/12/2013 1:52:41 PM
Friends,

IM 50 and I voted. I love rules, love to break them, that is.

I kinda agree, a 21 year old might be alot different then a 30 year old. much of the drinking age in the US is 21, so you might be in a wild phase that year, and the next.

It might take you a while to calm down. by 30, you might be well on your way, to mortgage, car bills, and kids. When life REALLY starts to suck.

good luck. Thank you for sharing.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#53SmackpwnPosted 2/12/2013 1:53:49 PM
far less, and not cause of age, but because of lack of quality of games and the takeover of mainstream dumbed down franchises, when a quality game like dark souls comes out i can play the game all the way through
#54memphis12Posted 2/12/2013 1:58:19 PM
GGearX posted...
HaloODSTD posted...
GGearX posted...
Girl... Friend? I thought you were a chick. ....

LOL for the 100th time, no, I'm a not a chick, I have a d**k

Ugh. And I've been hitting on you all this time. Your GT is Jessica so I thought you were a chick. Ugh. I wanna vomit. Dude don't talk to me again, I don't like you anymore.

This has made my day! Comedy Gold. GGearX, you must have put the idea of HaloODST being a girl. (I still think he/she is :p)
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#55MizunoRyuuPosted 2/12/2013 2:06:22 PM
I'm 19, and I'd say most likely less. Next-gen consoles are too much for me. I prefer simple, elegant graphics and controls over "wtf, I need to memorize all of this crap?"

Take Pokemon for example. Too. Many. Things.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#56The_HoochGoblinPosted 2/12/2013 2:40:04 PM
It'll definitely be less, life takes the pole position at that age, but I'd be willing to bet your quality of gaming has increased.
#57DarthSchubertPosted 2/12/2013 2:41:02 PM
On average less, since I have more reponsibilities with work and living on my own and the occasional girlfriend than I ever did in college or as a teenager.

I do find though that my gaming binges are longer than they ever were when I was at home (parents nagging) or in college (you try gaming and not chugging whiskey with 19 year old ladies).
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#58ThePCElitistPosted 2/12/2013 2:47:41 PM
More games but as I've gotten older I actually moved away from consoles and towards the PC gaming scene. I played consoles for 23 years before making the move.
---
i5-2500k @ 4.6 GHz - 8GB DDR3 Ripjaws XSeries - MSI Twin Frozr GTX 680 2GB SC - 3 TB 7,200 RPM HDD - ASRock z68 extreme3gen3
#59sonicteam2k1Posted 2/12/2013 2:54:25 PM
CaseyJonez posted...
Well.. some people who are 21 actually have their own apartment, jobs, bills, partners, and go to school 3-4 days a week.

Edit: I mean it's cool if your're a bum, living in your parents basement. Let's not knock TC for asking a reasonable question.

dude don't know living with parents in their basement. I would LOVE to go back and live in my parents basement. no bills, save a ton of money. When you move out on your own you have a ton of bills, responsibility...etc.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#60Vicious VincePosted 2/12/2013 2:58:37 PM
whiteboygene posted...
CaseyJonez posted...

Really? Who's that? What 21 year old do you know that can afford an apartment, insurance payments, car payments, a partner, tuition, internet and cable service, and more, all on a job that requires only a high school education or two year degree? In which case, this 20-something Associates owner would (supposedly) be shoved directly into a job in which they can afford all of the above and still have time to make ****head remarks on the internet by the time they turn 21? You are so full of ****, kids like you on the internet are a dime a dozen. You just backed yourself into a corner and I'm very curious what you have to say about the matter, especially in this recession.

Wow. One of my best friends left home when he was 16. At 18 he had an appartment, a decent car, a girlfriend, internet, cable, telephone, cellphone, etc. With no high school degree. He's a welder. He worked (he has a new job now) 37.5 hrs/wk so yeah he had more than enough time to do whatever he wanted in his spare time.

I'm not saying anyone should follow that path but if you're serious and hardworking enough, it's definitely possible.
---
Behind this swastika,
Beyond the... crooked crucifix