This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adults 21-30 years old, do you notice yourself playing MORE or LESS videogames?

#61TheBonfiniPosted 2/12/2013 2:59:13 PM
I play way less but know way more about the industry as a whole. I read topics here and on Reddit. It's actually sad I talk about and read about games more than I play them. A sadder note, the next game I play extensively will be NNK or GTA5.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#62retep_onePosted 2/12/2013 3:00:02 PM
way less compared to when i was pre-20 yrs old
---
PSN: Spectre0415
spectre status recognized......
#63SparkItUpPosted 2/12/2013 3:03:12 PM
In general, I find myself playing more...although I have gone a month of hardly playing at all....kinda going through a game break
---
http://youtu.be/_JyETEkNXSY
Not only the best football player alive...the absolute sexiest.
#64diebuster2Posted 2/12/2013 3:05:23 PM
Less for me considering Work and University.
---
One does not simply state a reasonable, negative opinion on GameFAQS without being called a troll.
#65BehaviorismPosted 2/12/2013 3:07:53 PM
I'm 30 and I play less because I work full time. If I ever hit the lotto, I'd be playing MUCH more since I'd never have to work again
---
I'm not changing this sig until the St. Louis Blues win the Stanley Cup. Started: 1/7/13
CM Punk: Best in the world!!!
#66Chewy247Posted 2/12/2013 3:08:05 PM
About the same really. It's just time commitments to things, getting HW done for class, going to work, having a significant other. I was constantly dating since I turned 19 so now I just focus on school work and play the games I missed.
---
#TimesUpPunk
#67jorgestevensonPosted 2/12/2013 3:20:53 PM
whiteboygene posted...
CaseyJonez posted...
Well.. some people who are 21 actually have their own apartment, jobs, bills, partners, and go to school 3-4 days a week.

Edit: I mean it's cool if your're a bum, living in your parents basement. Let's not knock TC for asking a reasonable question.

Really? Who's that? What 21 year old do you know that can afford an apartment, insurance payments, car payments, a partner, tuition, internet and cable service, and more, all on a job that requires only a high school education or two year degree? In which case, this 20-something Associates owner would (supposedly) be shoved directly into a job in which they can afford all of the above and still have time to make ****head remarks on the internet by the time they turn 21? You are so full of ****, kids like you on the internet are a dime a dozen. You just backed yourself into a corner and I'm very curious what you have to say about the matter, especially in this recession.

When I was 22 I was living on my own, with a GF, my own job, my own car, my own 50" plasma, my own Xbox 360, and my own Roth IRA for all the extra money I was putting away. It's not that hard. Most of what you listed is complete BS that demonstrates your self-defeating mentality.

I was making $22 an hour teaching kids how to pass the SATs. It's not rocket science. You make $22 an hour for 32 hours a week, you're looking at roughly $2500 every month, $2200 after taxes. With the $2200, $1000 goes to rent and utilities, $200-300 for the car, and the rest is for whatever you want. A hundred or two for the GF, a hundred or two for drinking, a hundred or two for food, a hundred or two in the IRA, and the rest is for gaming. Gaming is really only like $20-30 per month if you spend your money wisely.

You limit yourself when you say it can't be done, and then throw up all those excuses for why it can't be done.
#68HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 3:25:05 PM
ITT: What I accomplished after I turned 21 is more than you did at age 22
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#69The Top CrusaderPosted 2/12/2013 3:29:45 PM
Err... I'm not sure why this topic took such an odd turn. >_>

I was 18 when I graduated high school and by the end of that summer that was the end of my parents supporting me... I worked and went to school part time and paid all my own bills because... I was an adult. >_>

Anyway, I'd say at the moment I currently play games less. I was laid off a few years ago, and it really sucked of course, but it did get me back into gaming quite a bit with all the spare time (I was working a part time job but still had way more spare time than I used to). I have been back to working normally again for a while but I didn't have to be in to work until 9am, and my wife has to be in to her job at 6am, so that always gave me the evening to myself to play games or whatever... but recently they moved me back to 7:30 so I've been going to bed earlier and lost most of my video game playing time. I don't get to much during the week at all usually, but I usually do at least a little on the weekend.

I dunno, in my younger days games were totally relaxing and after a long day it was a good way to unwind... now I find myself, if I'm worn out, more likely to want to just watch TV or something.
---
----
-----
#70mattman0101Posted 2/12/2013 3:31:13 PM(edited)
Seems like it was about the same when I was in college with all of the studying and bull like that. Although some semesters were a lot easier than others. Then I picked it up again as I started looking for a job as a nice stress reliever. Now less much less.. :'(
---
Tell me what I want or I'll blast your virtual ass into actual dust!
Currently playing: Halo 4