This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adults 21-30 years old, do you notice yourself playing MORE or LESS videogames?

#71Cheese_CrackersPosted 2/12/2013 2:32:22 PM
Less, only because university is a lot more work than high school. I would probably play more if I could XD
---
Though the fear of death is a common one, the fear of life is a more rational one.
#72elconoMPosted 2/12/2013 2:36:31 PM
I game for a similar number of hours a day/week.
I play a smaller number of TITLES as i hoard my dollars.

What I mean by the second comment is that I am throwing more caution towards being a gamescore addict than I used to. I suppose I should blame Facebook or Zynga for my current "status" as a gamer.
---
xbL gT @ megatr0n e5kim0
#73WarhawkPosted 2/12/2013 2:37:44 PM
Depends on the mood really. Although I own a PS3, and wouldn't mind having a 360 to go with it. I'd do gaming but it depends on my schedule.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 16
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man X
#74TheWhoFanPosted 2/12/2013 2:40:31 PM
It really depends on the time of the year for me. During th summer and the winter holidays? Probably more than when I was young and Steam sales didn't exist. During the rest of the year, noticeably less. You know: having a 9-to3 job and finishing a Master's Degree occupies most of my day.
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#75The_DespairPosted 2/12/2013 2:40:32 PM
Seriously, about the same. I still play game every day of the week!
#76HoogovensPosted 2/12/2013 2:43:11 PM
whiteboygene posted...
CaseyJonez posted...
Well.. some people who are 21 actually have their own apartment, jobs, bills, partners, and go to school 3-4 days a week.

Edit: I mean it's cool if your're a bum, living in your parents basement. Let's not knock TC for asking a reasonable question.

Really? Who's that? What 21 year old do you know that can afford an apartment, insurance payments, car payments, a partner, tuition, internet and cable service, and more, all on a job that requires only a high school education or two year degree? In which case, this 20-something Associates owner would (supposedly) be shoved directly into a job in which they can afford all of the above and still have time to make ****head remarks on the internet by the time they turn 21? You are so full of ****, kids like you on the internet are a dime a dozen. You just backed yourself into a corner and I'm very curious what you have to say about the matter, especially in this recession.

True, it's uncommon, but I know for a fact it happens because I did it. I moved out w/ a roommate when I was 19, worked full time, attended college full time, and had all the "normal" stack of bills. At 21 I was in the same situation and living by myself. Granted, I live in what is generally considered a much more affordable area of the country (KS). But it is certainly possible.
#77kelemvorPosted 2/12/2013 2:44:10 PM
Wow I'm 31 so I guess I don't count for the poll, but I'll comment anyway.

I gamed about the same throughout my 20's until I got married and had a kid. Now with a 8 month old I'm lucky to sneak a few hours of gaming in on the weekends. Sometimes I get some game time when my wife and baby goes to bed.

So I still game a lot, I just can't have any marathon sessions anymore. The only games I play now are short, quick, arcade style games and mission based strategy games where I can feel like I've accomplished something in an hour of game time. To be honest, I rarely play my 360 anymore since I've hooked my Xbox controller to my computer and put the PC in the living room. I've been playing the hell out of The Binding of Isaac and FTL: Faster than Light. I still play my 360 for sports games though.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane
#78aDominationPosted 2/12/2013 2:55:55 PM
More, Video game are awesome for stress relief.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Avatar of Sithis 150(G)Chosen to bring death to Tamriel.
#79blackwaltz3Posted 2/12/2013 2:57:20 PM
Much less, far less free time, and when I do have it I tend not to play games as much....
---
Trying is the first step towards failure.
PSN ID: Nieds
#80ForeverGnomedPosted 2/12/2013 2:58:02 PM(edited)
A lot of here seem pretty insecure about their living situation and act as though they really have something to prove. I'm in my mid-twenties and I live with my parents. It's great because I continue to spend time with the people who matter most in my life. Also, having this sort of living situation, I'm able to focus my aims on traveling and my other core goals rather than gaining some false sense of satisfaction with being "independent" and on my own. I'm sure when I have children I will want to support them just as my parents have done with me. America is one of the few places where families values have become so dispersed and even lost.

As far as the topic goes, I play much less videogames. As I get older I gain more interests, so naturally gaming is no longer always my priority. There's regularly maybe one game I delve into per month but it doesn't often go much further than that.