This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adults 21-30 years old, do you notice yourself playing MORE or LESS videogames?

#81The_DeskPosted 2/12/2013 3:58:09 PM
Much less, partially due to just not being able to sit there as long and partially because I spend a huge portion of my time at collage/commuting.
#82Raven2827Posted 2/12/2013 4:06:54 PM
pothocket posted...
whiteboygene posted...
CaseyJonez posted...
Well.. some people who are 21 actually have their own apartment, jobs, bills, partners, and go to school 3-4 days a week.

Edit: I mean it's cool if your're a bum, living in your parents basement. Let's not knock TC for asking a reasonable question.

Really? Who's that? What 21 year old do you know that can afford an apartment, insurance payments, car payments, a partner, tuition, internet and cable service, and more, all on a job that requires only a high school education or two year degree? In which case, this 20-something Associates owner would (supposedly) be shoved directly into a job in which they can afford all of the above and still have time to make ****head remarks on the internet by the time they turn 21? You are so full of ****, kids like you on the internet are a dime a dozen. You just backed yourself into a corner and I'm very curious what you have to say about the matter, especially in this recession.

Sounds like me when I was 21. Had a job, apt, girl, school, bills. And I still gamed all the time. What's not normal is staying with your parents well into your 20s.

I'm basically still with my parents. But that's because college was relatively close by train, and rotation sites for school were relatively close by train. It'll likely be that way when I start working if the job is close by. When you're starting out in a new field or in anything, it's better to just cut costs and take a hit by staying with the folks. Saves more money to pay off debts and when I become more financially established I can move out and get a place of my own AND feel much more secure/comfortable. I'm 23 and I play less, much less. I basically dont take out the playstation unless i'm on school sanctioned vacation.
---
ASUS P8P67 | 2600K @ 4.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600 | 500GB Seagate 7200.12 | Intel 80GB SSD | GTX 260 | 42" @ 1920x1080 + 22" @ 1920x1080 | Win7 Ultimate x64
#83h23456bcaPosted 2/12/2013 4:25:45 PM
I'm currently 28. When I was a kid, sure I had a lot of time to play...after school, weekends, summer. But once I graduated and went to work/college I basically had no time, which sucked because that was my favorite generation - PS2, Gamecube, X-Box. But Once I got out of college, bought my own house, got a regular full time job I had and have plenty of time. I can on any given day play 3 - 4 hours a day if I want to and basically all weekend if so inclined.
---
People say I'm no good, crazy as a loon.
Cause I get stoned in the morning, and drunk in the afternoon.
#84Kageblade23Posted 2/12/2013 4:44:20 PM
HaloODSTD posted...
GGearX posted...
WOAH ODSTD. I thought you were younger. You certainly act like it.

I'm 25 LOL XD :D :P

hey me too :)... although i play video games at work so im not sure if my vote counts...
#85AssassinDXPosted 2/12/2013 4:54:55 PM
Much less, mainly due to work commitments and having my own family. What's annoying is I earn enough to buy more games than I ever could but find very little time to play them.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Assassin_D_X
NAMI-SWAAAAAN!!!
#86Kevinroth666Posted 2/12/2013 5:02:31 PM
I'm 25 and my gaming hasn't really changed. I'm engaged, have 2 university degrees, have a job and healthy social life, plus Dungeons and Dragons every Sunday... but I ALWAYS have time for video games.

Usually put in 15-20 hours a week, although I have found that I play a lot more handheld compared to console than I used too. It's all about time management!
#87DreamsaberPosted 2/12/2013 5:06:46 PM
Lol at "adults."
---
You opened a debate, and I'll be damned if you're not going to finish it. ~smashbrother3
#88SandOnMyBootPosted 2/12/2013 5:12:29 PM
I play less games now.
1. Because I work full time now, have more of a social life, and have other hobbies now, so less free time to play games.
2. I'm just not nearly as interested in modern games as I am in older games. The vast majority of my gaming budget and my gaming time go to retro games now. There's just so much less quality in this 360/PS3/Wii gen that I have to dig deep to find anything reaching the levels of even the previous PS2 gen. It was so much easier to find good games in just about every other gen (except the first couple).
#89rokkumanPosted 2/12/2013 5:12:42 PM
My wife and I work as independent business consultants and we make far more money than we did working normal 9-5's, so we have plenty of time to game a lot.
---
"Ninja Gaiden: So hard that it kills your friends" - Penny Arcade
#90metroidman92Posted 2/12/2013 5:15:48 PM
With having work and school 5-6 days a week, I play more than I should, but not as much as I do when I'm off term.

I'm currently doing a run of ME2, and I'd typically have it done by now if I wasn't in school. (Got all the major DLC left, and some side quests)
---
Xbox Kinect. Works better as a MoCap tool for amateur animators than it does as a gaming gimmick.