This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which developer would you say cares the most about pleasing their fans?

#1AWarAmp84Posted 2/12/2013 12:39:41 PM
These days it seems like money is the only driving force among developers but there's always a select few who really try to go the extra mile to keep their fans happy. The same group of people who aren't afraid to try something different to stay fresh.

My first choice is Valve. While they do make us wait forever for their games, they always seem do deliver a quality product that is different and entertaining. They've also stated how much they are against making people pay for DLC.

I'm also starting to really like Firaxis. They brought back XCOM knowing that it wouldn't break any sales records and the end result was an amazing game.

I'm sure there are many more out there. Your opinions?
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#2Luthor_Posted 2/12/2013 12:40:34 PM
CD Projekt Red
Valve
Rockstar
---
*jumps out of bush and throws spear*
-GorillaOnRoof
#3SunDevil77Posted 2/12/2013 12:42:12 PM
Luthor_ posted...
CD Projekt Red
Valve
Rockstar

These. Also add in Bungie and 343, they may not be perfect, but they listen to their fans much more than a majority of devs.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#4memphis12Posted 2/12/2013 12:44:21 PM
Obsidian
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#5wrexwrecksPosted 2/12/2013 1:02:51 PM
All developers care about pleasing their fans. Or at least making something someone somewhere will like even if it doesn't sell a million copies. The work is too hard and the pay is too low for anyone to be doing it for any other reason.

Publishers, on the other hand, would be a more interesting question.
---
It's gor-GET - because there are no French people in Westeros.
#6JenniferTatePosted 2/12/2013 1:03:55 PM
Rockstar.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#7velvet_hammerPosted 2/12/2013 1:07:43 PM(edited)
KojiPro
Valve

are the best and its not even close
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#8velvet_hammerPosted 2/12/2013 1:09:05 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Luthor_ posted...
CD Projekt Red
Valve
Rockstar

These. Also add in Bungie and 343, they may not be perfect, but they listen to their fans much more than a majority of devs.

Which fan asked Bungie to start the CoD:Marines in Space trend for MP and for 343 to continue it?
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#9xyxrxuxafraidxPosted 2/12/2013 1:18:34 PM
I'll tell you developers who DON'T CARE, like at all:

-Capcom
-Square Enix

It's a shame... they used to be my favorite during the golden PS1 days
---
METAL GEAR SOLID | HEAVY RAIN | FF7 | RE | ZOE | SF /fanboy
#10SparkItUpPosted 2/12/2013 1:19:19 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...
Rockstar.

---
http://youtu.be/_JyETEkNXSY
Not only the best football player alive...the absolute sexiest.