This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which developer would you say cares the most about pleasing their fans?

#11velvet_hammerPosted 2/12/2013 2:20:12 PM
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...
I'll tell you developers who DON'T CARE, like at all:

-Capcom
-Square Enix

It's a shame... they used to be my favorite during the golden PS1 days

Square may care, I think its more theres only morons left over there and they dont know which way is up..
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#12SheepinatorPosted 2/12/2013 2:31:50 PM
AWarAmp84 posted...
These days it seems like money is the only driving force among developers but there's always a select few who really try to go the extra mile to keep their fans happy. The same group of people who aren't afraid to try something different to stay fresh.

My first choice is Valve. While they do make us wait forever for their games, they always seem do deliver a quality product that is different and entertaining. They've also stated how much they are against making people pay for DLC.

When Half Life 2 came out Valve forced people to download and install the Steam client. When other companies do similar things, people hate on them.

Valve updated their EULA to ban customers from engaging in class action suits against them. If you don't agree, tough luck, now you can't play the games you already bought.

Valve says it likes giving away free DLC... via Steam, which is like the equivalent of a store giving out a loss leader to get people through its doors. It's easier for them to take that stance than most other devs.

I like Valve's games, I just find it interesting how they get nothing but love while other companies that do the same things get nothing but hate.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#13WinternovaPosted 2/12/2013 2:40:17 PM
Capcom.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#14Ryan2002Posted 2/12/2013 3:20:16 PM
Winternova posted...
Capcom.

Please elaborate. You, of all people, should know that this is going to do nothing but create an argument, especially with no explanation to back up your reasoning. Do you actually enjoy the petty arguments with the children on these forums?
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://tinyurl.com/45pdkzf http://oi48.tinypic.com/ip48x1.jpg http://oi40.tinypic.com/8x7i8o.jpg
#15darkrizPosted 2/12/2013 3:23:30 PM
I think Netherrealm studios do a good job of listening to their fans. It's a niche market I know but they have a loial fan base and they do try to meet their requests if they can.
---
"great, we have 16 gordbusters now... how about some wrestling moves. WWE 12 just had two armdrags and a headlock takedown." - Wolf_J_Flywheel
#16LotrMorgothPosted 2/12/2013 3:24:40 PM
CD ProjektRed- so hot right now

But my answer is EA, they love us so much they release the same games every year!
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#17Mumble_Posted 2/12/2013 4:03:45 PM
Bungie
Rockstar
---
HELLO!!!
#18aDominationPosted 2/12/2013 4:05:54 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...
I'll tell you developers who DON'T CARE, like at all:

-Capcom
-Square Enix

It's a shame... they used to be my favorite during the golden PS1 days

Square may care, I think its more theres only morons left over there and they dont know which way is up..

SE cares about their fans they just don't care about their product anymore.

Rockstar is probably at the top of the list, this wont be popular but I'm going to have to say Bethesda cares.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Avatar of Sithis 150(G)Chosen to bring death to Tamriel.
#19TrugamerPosted 2/12/2013 4:25:34 PM
They are all in it for themselves the days of caring about pleasing fans are long gone , now it's a "we own you" mentality.
Unless you count overpriced DLC as "caring"
#20SheepinatorPosted 2/12/2013 4:48:31 PM
Trugamer posted...
They are all in it for themselves the days of caring about pleasing fans are long gone , now it's a "we own you" mentality.
Unless you count overpriced DLC as "caring"

As in, not free.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.