This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which developer would you say cares the most about pleasing their fans?

#21OKRecords1138Posted 2/12/2013 4:49:59 PM
I hate to say it, but Nintendo seems like the company that cares the most about pleasing fans.
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#22HeLeehamPosted 2/12/2013 5:06:52 PM
CD Projekt Red for sure.
#23_StrelokPosted 2/12/2013 5:10:11 PM
memphis12 posted...
Obsidian

Considering the kickstarter for Project Eternity and the emerging interactivity between fanbase and developer therein, I'd have to say that I agree.
---
When saints are just dead sinners amended and revised, no wonder why greed and humiliation become the norms to bound and regulate humankind.
#24vigorm0rtisPosted 2/12/2013 5:11:02 PM
Rockstar, but they're not going to spoon feed fans. They're going to make stuff so good you'll like it in spite of yourself.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#25metroidman92Posted 2/12/2013 5:12:58 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Luthor_ posted...
CD Projekt Red
Valve
Rockstar

These. Also add in Bungie and 343, they may not be perfect, but they listen to their fans much more than a majority of devs.

I'll agree with Bungie, but 343 hasn't impressed me much. The way they handled the Crimson map pack fiasco was pretty bad. That and Halo 4 still doesn't have fileshare support, or theater for Spartan Ops or Campaign. It needed some polish before release.

Bungie is always in contact with their fans via Bungie.net, and Valve has Steam with free DLC for their own games.

Bethesda is alright by me, since they know how to do proper DLC, and not make quick cash-ins. They are one of the few devs left that I still trust.

And Bioware practically shot themselves in the head with Mass Effect 3, giving a huge finger to the fans with the ending, and their "amended ending".
---
Xbox Kinect. Works better as a MoCap tool for amateur animators than it does as a gaming gimmick.
#26mtjormitchPosted 2/12/2013 5:15:20 PM
How Atlus isn't on here yet is SHOCKING! I mean... holy crap. They constantly keep bringing great games over to us while also getting any and new IP's over here and fully translated with barely a flaw. Great voice acting and consistent fan love.

Honestly. They make most developers look like crap other than Obsidian and CDprojectred.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#27SwtorN00bPosted 2/12/2013 5:20:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#28vigorm0rtisPosted 2/12/2013 5:23:59 PM
SwtorN00b posted...
Winternova posted...
Capcom.

You are so stupid it hurts.

You missed the bus, chucklehead.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#29mrlinky4uPosted 2/12/2013 5:38:56 PM
Irrational Games
#30ukokira1Posted 2/12/2013 6:13:24 PM(edited)
Platinum Games. Oh and Ubisoft Montiplier ( just the developers on that one though) And Valve.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.