This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well it's been an "interesting" year so far...

#1BBBanks03Posted 2/12/2013 2:30:14 PM
DmC is released to glowing critical review --> “fans” lose their **** and say the game is the worst pile of garbage ever made and has betrayed the series.

Dead Space 3 is released to moderate reviews -->fans lose their **** and say the game is horrible for not scoring in the 9’s and/or has betrayed the series and is lacking scares.

Aliens: Colonial Marines is released to horrible reviews -->fans lose their **** and say the score is totally unfair and publications are spiteful and/or they were lied to being promised an amazing “Aliens” game.

Well, we’ve got Crysis 3 and Metal Gear Rising coming up. What are people going to lose their minds over next?
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#2GorillaOnRoofPosted 2/12/2013 2:31:05 PM
You're not related to Phillip Banks, by any chance are you?
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#3memphis12Posted 2/12/2013 2:33:38 PM
You missed out RE6.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#4liquidblue4Posted 2/12/2013 2:34:33 PM
memphis12 posted...
You missed out RE6.

good thing that came out last year, huh?
---
GT: Liquidbiue4
PSN: Liquidblue4
#5memphis12Posted 2/12/2013 2:40:57 PM
liquidblue4 posted...
memphis12 posted...
You missed out RE6.

good thing that came out last year, huh?

Good point. I'll just .. Erm... Move along.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#6BBBanks03(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 2:43:54 PM
GorillaOnRoof posted...
You're not related to Phillip Banks, by any chance are you?

Nope, there's no trace of Banks anywhere in my name. I made the name years ago, to be honest I don't even have the slightest idea where I got it from anymore.
---
#7BBBanks03(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 5:40:01 PM
Wow, I was kind of hoping for at least.... one legitimate response. Oh well.
---
#8MashYouGoodPosted 2/12/2013 5:43:28 PM
They've all been utter s*** and a f*** is yet to be given by this apathetic black duck -_-
#9CyricsServantPosted 2/12/2013 5:47:04 PM(edited)
The reactions to DmC and Dead Space 3 were predictable. I'm actually kind of glad both publishers got a light slap on the wrist, because I'm hoping this experience will influence them (in a positive/productive way) going forward.

I also plan to get DmC and DS3 eventually, but I don't feel any big rush to pick them up.

What happened to Aliens was predictable too. Its been in development hell for so long, and while Gearbox was at the helm when the game was finally finished we all remember what happened with Duke. This was just par for the course.

NNK: Wrath of the White Witch turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I was expecting a steaming pile of suck. Hopefully we'll get a few more nice surprises in the next few months, even if they don't have big, recognizable franchise names attached to them.
#10Gunvalkyrie2Posted 2/12/2013 5:48:28 PM
BBBanks03 posted...
DmC is released to glowing critical review --> “fans” lose their **** and say the game is the worst pile of garbage ever made and has betrayed the series.

Dead Space 3 is released to moderate reviews -->fans lose their **** and say the game is horrible for not scoring in the 9’s and/or has betrayed the series and is lacking scares.

Aliens: Colonial Marines is released to horrible reviews -->fans lose their **** and say the score is totally unfair and publications are spiteful and/or they were lied to being promised an amazing “Aliens” game.

Well, we’ve got Crysis 3 and Metal Gear Rising coming up. What are people going to lose their minds over next?

Sly Cooper 4 is awesome.
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.