This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

wishes for street fighter 5

#21MashYouGoodPosted 2/12/2013 7:17:34 PM
Gary Stanton posted...
Bring back parry

And have THIS s*** happen again? Hell to the no. Uh-Uh! No sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7cW2nMf1gk

Capcom removed the parry system for a reason.

Casual kiddies don't like game complexity that precludes then from competing with skilled players.

SF is now about the casuals. Casuals like bright colours - check; lenient inputs schemes - check; loose hit-boxes to aid poor spacing and timing - check; 'catch up' super move systems -check; DLC ransoming - check...

There will be no parries. There will be only more casualware.
#22kungfucolinPosted 2/12/2013 7:33:15 PM
SF is now about the casuals.

SF still has a truckload of 1-frame links that are anything but casual friendly.

While I agree that the catch-up mechanics really suck when you end up on the receiving end of a fully charged wake-up ultra as a reward for smashing someone mercilessly for a whole round, I think that it also brings something important to the game, strategically speaking.

Furthermore, it's thanks to a few 'casual friendly' additions to the game like this that I can even convince my friends to play with me.
---
Latest Video: Kungfu Arcade #2 D&D Shadow over Mystara
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf5QBoqcITA
#23WhiteBaitKentPosted 2/12/2013 7:46:16 PM
SoincMetal posted...
People that don't like parrying can't parry.

This. You get out as much as you put in. Parrying can make you a beast but it takes a looooot of time/dedication/skill to master. They need to bring parry back yesterday.
---
Can't spell ignorant without "IGN"!!!
#24RanmaRanmaPosted 2/12/2013 11:32:38 PM
Vortexes need to be toned down a lot. This is from a Cammy player. Dive kick or die.
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#25EricDraven59(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:39:41 AM
Hey some of you guys posted really awesome ideas! I hope some are really implemented. Hmmm.. one thought I had was to maybe kill off a couple characters in 5. Such as they died in battle or somehow. I think its maybe about time it happens in the series. :o
#26TheGam3925Posted 2/13/2013 12:49:59 AM
Chewy247 posted...
Bring back parry

And remove Ryu, Ken, Guile and Sagat.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#27BLACK_HUNTEXPosted 2/13/2013 3:28:44 AM
Chewy247 posted...
Bring back parry

Hell yeah! This^
#28Allaster111Posted 2/13/2013 3:32:26 AM
Have only two characters, Ryu and palette swap Ryu. The rest are DLC. That would be awesome.
#29StarGoyPosted 2/13/2013 3:34:11 AM
MashYouGood posted...
lenient inputs schemes - check; loose hit-boxes to aid poor spacing and timing - check; 'catch up' super move systems -check;

All that needs to go. At one point, you could semi-circle back Fei's dragon kick, for crying out loud. It completely F's up the system for those who know what they're doing.
#30lunchEATSyouPosted 2/13/2013 3:36:14 AM
I'm surprised no one has asked for Bison to be removed :P
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog