This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2013 has been disappointing so far with Dead Space 3 and Aliens Colonial Marines

#1JenniferGenGamePosted 2/12/2013 5:33:23 PM
If you like these games good for you but for me and also by the looks of it with critic ratings and general comments on here both of these games have turned out disappointing.

I loved the first 2 Dead Space games but it is no longer the horror series that I once loved.
Aliens could have been so much better, I love the first 3 movies and enjoyed Alien 3 on the MD/SNES and Alien Trilogy/Resurrection on the Playstation back in the day but Colonial Marines felt unfinished. It is a very short game and had none of the scary dread feeling I was hoping it would have.

Anybody agree/disagree?
#2s2goodPosted 2/12/2013 5:34:55 PM
Dead Space 3 is epic.

Trolls have only played the demo.
---
XBLIVE - Sonic B0000M NNID - Sonic_B0000M
PSN - Dragon--Punch STEAM - Sonic B0000M
#3DarkhorseActualPosted 2/12/2013 5:35:49 PM
Dead Space 3 is phenomenal !
---
GT: ThatGuyfromDOOM
Now Playing: Forza Horizon, Doom 3: BFG
#4MashYouGoodPosted 2/12/2013 5:36:55 PM
s2good posted...
Dead Space 3 is epic.

Trolls have only played the demo.

"Epic" use in such context confirms prepubescence.

Lowbrow brand worshippers bend for any shovelware.
#5CyricsServantPosted 2/12/2013 5:36:55 PM
NNK got really good reviews. Also, MGR and Bioshock Infinite are right around the corner. I'd say we're doing fine.
#6zerooo0Posted 2/12/2013 5:38:47 PM
The year just started
---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip
#7JenniferGenGame(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 5:38:54 PM
Dead Space was great for me because it was a survival horror series. Dead Space 3 has none of the jumps or Scary moments the first 2 had. Now it is just an action game like how Resident Evil started out as horror and became an action series.

The only real horror series around now is Silent Hill and that has gone downhill this gen.
#8Billy_DeliciousPosted 2/12/2013 5:43:48 PM
Dead Space 3 is fantastic.
---
'Jar Jar Binks is the greatest thing to happen to the Star Wars lore and you know it.'- RPG_Apostle
#9Gunvalkyrie2Posted 2/12/2013 5:47:11 PM
DmC .. Sly Cooper 4.

Great start to a great year - here's what I'm looking for next -

Crysis 3 - Feb 19
Tomb Raider - March 5
God of War Ascension - March 12
Bioshock Infinite - March 26
Splinter Cell Blacklist - Apr 1
The Last of Us - May 7
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 2/12/2013 5:49:15 PM
I have to admit, I've been disappointed so far. DS3 seems good, just not really what I'd hoped for. DmC also looks good, I only played the demo, but I wasn't interested enough to pick it up. Aliens CM... yeah, I'd rather just watch the movies again.

Crysis 3 looks like it might be alright, but I'm still not sure I care enough to bother. The appeal of day 1 is a free code for Crysis 1, and dig in to the MP, but... I don't know, I'm done buying games for MP.

Looking forward to Tomb Raider, Bioshock and DI:Riptide (yeah, you heard me).
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF