This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Gearbox a good developer?

#21JenniferTatePosted 2/13/2013 8:05:50 AM
RetroFanGirl posted...
No, Borderlands is kind of bad on its own too, but is fun enough with friends.

This is my stance.

AnotherSomebody posted...
I'm starting to think Borderlands was an accident...

I've often wondered how well Borderlands would have been received if it didn't have that 11th hour art change and attitude adjustment. It would have been a generic gritty, brown and grey, post-apocalyptic shooter for the pile. Even reading old coverage of the game before the art change sometimes yields dismissive tones in previews.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#22ChezDispenserPosted 2/13/2013 8:28:33 AM
Maybe it's just because I'm a loot prostitute and love action-RPGs and dungeon crawlers that involve loot, but Borderlands 2 remains my favorite game this generation. The shooting is better than BL1, the difficulty curve is actually challenging this time around, the writing is brilliant (plot holes notwithstanding), the characters are hilarious and the loot grind is addictive.
---
Goddamn!
#23AWarAmp84Posted 2/13/2013 8:29:39 AM
glassghost0 posted...
Borderlands is extremely overrated

---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#24BBBanks03Posted 2/13/2013 1:37:21 PM
I think everyone was completely devoted and on board with Gearbox shortly after Borderlands, as they had had nothing but a solid track record at that point. Now, I think people are starting to eye them up with an eyebrow raised, wondering if we might have a potential M. Night Shymalan situation going on here.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#25OKRecords1138Posted 2/13/2013 1:39:32 PM
Simply by the fact of how Gearbox handled all the bugs and glitches, especially the freezing glitch for Borderlands 2 which left several players unable to play it after a week of launch, I would say, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I despise the company, and will never purchase another one of their products.
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#26ChezDispenserPosted 2/13/2013 2:04:52 PM
OKRecords1138 posted...
Simply by the fact of how Gearbox handled all the bugs and glitches, especially the freezing glitch for Borderlands 2 which left several players unable to play it after a week of launch, I would say, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I despise the company, and will never purchase another one of their products.

Good god I love self-righteous gamers. You wield that consumer power, sir! Make a difference!
---
Goddamn!
#27nothingbeastPosted 2/13/2013 2:08:49 PM
I enjoyed Borderlands enough to finish it.

Borderlands 2.... meh... I'm finding it very hard picking it back up. And i'm not sure how far along I am. But I never got to the end of the Single Player mode.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.