This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After spending a day with Alien Colonial Marines I can honestly say it is absoul

#1Carte360Posted 2/12/2013 6:56:48 PM
tely amazing.

Well, not amazing. It has it's flaws. HOWEVER, playing through it with 2 friends and it is a lot of fun (co-op), sneaking around in water, and a boiler (which is blind) walks in between you and a friend and goes to sleep, and if you move you die.

OR getting chased by that huge beast of an alien and trying to weld shut doors as it rips your friends head off.

Multiplayer, haven't played much yet, but dang there is a TON of customization for an fps game. I really liked that aspect, even if it is first person. Not much lag, none that has messed with my kills/deaths or w/e.

Aliens feel under powered, though. A good marine team seems to win every match.

As a semi-fan of the movies, the references were good. I chuckled a few times.

As for the bad, graphics are meh for a current 360 game. Could have been much better but doesn't bother me. Screen tears a bit, kinda sucks but again nothing major for me.

Any other questions?

Ps. I'd give the game a 6.5/10 or 7/10, this does not deserve 2s and 3s.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#2GorillaOnRoofPosted 2/12/2013 6:58:38 PM
Was Vasquez in it?
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#3fffezPosted 2/12/2013 6:58:58 PM
Everything has flaws when you think about it. But yeah, I am planning on getting the game here in a couple of days, regardless of what strangers on the internet say.

Looking forward to coop and mp for the most part.
#4GorillaOnRoofPosted 2/12/2013 6:59:14 PM
Also was Roc in it?
---
#5The DevourerPosted 2/12/2013 7:02:52 PM
The partner AI is god awful. The screen tearing is an issue I've never had on any other game so far.

Here's an example of where the visuals are awful and there's really no excuse for it to happen: http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o740/bluetorrent/badtextures_zps3de209cb.jpg

The game is definitely something that you should have friends to get the full experience, it's kinda lame alone.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#6therickmu25Posted 2/12/2013 7:03:05 PM
http://i.minus.com/i212wUcwcU0eE.gif

^ yea games awesome!
---
Desktop: http://i.imgur.com/qv9CK.jpg
Current Game Collection: http://i.imgur.com/FYaHS.jpg
#7GorillaOnRoofPosted 2/12/2013 7:06:15 PM(edited)
therickmu25 posted...
http://i.minus.com/i212wUcwcU0eE.gif

^ yea games awesome!

hahaha that was hilarious, whatever it was. Poor guy musta got separated from the pack. I've never been that close to one before.
---
#8SunDevil77Posted 2/12/2013 7:04:44 PM
If this had come out as a launch title, it would have been regarded quite highly.

The game has charm. It's got atmosphere. And, if you like multiplayer, that portion is well done.

Many gamers today aren't able to look backwards in terms of graphics and they get caught up with the pretty lacking visuals this game has.

Technically, it's not perfect either, but it works.

The sounds, something the trolls fail to even mention, are great. Very reminiscent of the films.

All in all, I would feel comfortable giving this game a 7/10. If you're a big fan of the franchise, you'll find the charm.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#9The DevourerPosted 2/12/2013 7:08:39 PM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...
If this had come out as a launch title, it would have been regarded quite highly.

The game has charm. It's got atmosphere. And, if you like multiplayer, that portion is well done.

Many gamers today aren't able to look backwards in terms of graphics and they get caught up with the pretty lacking visuals this game has.

Technically, it's not perfect either, but it works.

The sounds, something the trolls fail to even mention, are great. Very reminiscent of the films.

All in all, I would feel comfortable giving this game a 7/10. If you're a big fan of the franchise, you'll find the charm.

This sums up how I feel very well. I'd give it a 6 or 7 /10. Like I said, it's a good game, nothing great, but it's far from awful. I am not railing on it as being awful or anything or saying that it just looks awful either but you have to admit that something like in the picture I've shown there's no excuse for it to be that bad. That aside, most of the game looks alright. Just muddy textures if anything usually.

I really like the sound with my headset.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#10Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 7:07:59 PM
@Gorilla

Vasquezs gun is in the game. :p Not sure about Roc. Haven't beaten it yet, about halfway through.

The AI partner IS bad, however with friends it doesn't matter, thankfully.

Any other Q's about anything guys? Also I feel this game is more of a $30-$40 purchase. I feel like the season pass is too much of a sucker punch, most of what I've read about it should have been in the game. Gearbox is becoming a little bit like a Greedbox heh.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk