This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After spending a day with Alien Colonial Marines I can honestly say it is absoul

#31Shy420Posted 2/12/2013 8:23:30 PM
bossk5 posted...
Once it hits 30 bucks it's mine.

You may want to think that over.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#32Surv1valismPosted 2/12/2013 8:25:13 PM
Yeah, you should clearly take advice from someone cool enough to have 420 in their name.
---
GT: IAstro ZombieI ( i's)
PSN: IThe_WretchedI http://www.listal.com/list/game-collection-astrozombie29 (not finished)
#33Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 8:33:23 PM
The Devourer posted...
zinsindetta posted...

Throw rocks in a glass house. Wow tc you must be popular. Got a lot of heroic gamefaq white knights coming to your aid on this very inspiring topic. That is absol

utely amazing!

Not really.

I couldn't care less about TC. But you want to nitpick about spelling about something that very well could be a typo. Why don't you actually criticize something of substance instead of something inconsequential like someone making a typo?

Keep on with the straw man there buddy.

You don't care about me? :(

But yeah, I ignore spark, he rages and trolls every topic I see him in.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#34pothocketPosted 2/12/2013 9:22:53 PM(edited)
Spent the day in coop too but with muted randoms. Was still easy to get immersed and I don't care what anyone says, I like the way the game looked. All four players with their flashlights on moving through what little ambient lighting there was, it was amazing. What other games display other player's lights to that detail? The game is gritty and it reminds me of why I liked the way Genesis games looked.

Doesn't matter what the story is either, the entire campaign has been a tour of the Aliens movie. The game is balanced for more players so Aliens have a lot more health. It gets intense and there's always npcs coming and going so you're always rolling with a decent sized group of marines. Just play with muted randoms, it's like not being ordered to put the ammo away and kicking ass instead of being chumped. It's good stuff.

I played the first tutorial mission solo then the next five with randoms on medium. No big problems and matchmaking worked great. Health and items are shared and there is a catch up teleport mechanic that triggers when players lag behind. Also almost always had a full game (regardless of people dropping out) and everyone seemed into it across the multiple servers I played on.

So don't listen to the haters, the game is amazing so far and I haven't even touched versus yet.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#35SparkItUpPosted 2/12/2013 9:14:02 PM
Shy420 posted...
bossk5 posted...
Once it hits 30 bucks it's mine.

You may want to think that over.

30 bucks really is the target for this game...should have been the launch price.
---
http://youtu.be/_JyETEkNXSY
Not only the best football player alive...the absolute sexiest.
#36SparkItUpPosted 2/12/2013 9:14:38 PM
Carte360 posted...
The Devourer posted...
zinsindetta posted...

Throw rocks in a glass house. Wow tc you must be popular. Got a lot of heroic gamefaq white knights coming to your aid on this very inspiring topic. That is absol

utely amazing!

Not really.

I couldn't care less about TC. But you want to nitpick about spelling about something that very well could be a typo. Why don't you actually criticize something of substance instead of something inconsequential like someone making a typo?

I feel privileged...I made your ignored list :D
---
http://youtu.be/_JyETEkNXSY
Not only the best football player alive...the absolute sexiest.
#37The DevourerPosted 2/12/2013 9:27:33 PM
Carte360 posted...
The Devourer posted...
zinsindetta posted...

utely amazing!

Not really.

To be fair, I don't know you and you aren't a friend so I can't really care about "coming to your aid" or anything. Just pointing out logical fallacy type stuff.

Right now I'm just waffling about whether I want to trade it in or sell it or keep it. I'm only 20 out of pocket, but it's worth 30+ so I'm just contemplating if there's anything else I could get with it that I'd enjoy more. One of the biggest drawbacks is not having anyone to play it with.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#38DuwstaiPosted 2/12/2013 9:37:23 PM
The sounds, something the trolls fail to even mention, are great. Very reminiscent of the films.

The alien screams sound awful, nothing like the movies.

And its not even like its hard to find out what the aliens sounded like in the movies. They tell you in one of the behind the scenes documentary things.
---
balls
#39The DevourerPosted 2/12/2013 9:39:53 PM
Duwstai posted...
The sounds, something the trolls fail to even mention, are great. Very reminiscent of the films.

The alien screams sound awful, nothing like the movies.

And its not even like its hard to find out what the aliens sounded like in the movies. They tell you in one of the behind the scenes documentary things.

And reapers are actually just foghorns.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#40DuwstaiPosted 2/13/2013 1:58:14 AM(edited)
No real Aliens fan should find this acceptable.

It was clearly half assed and thrown out the door with no care at all. Its a cash in, and you should not accept this OR try to make excuses for it.

But people will die before admitting they may have made a poor purchase, so here comes the reassurance posts.

The Alien universe deserved better than this.
---
balls