This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mass Effect: RISK

#11JenniferTatePosted 2/13/2013 8:18:05 AM
One of my friends collects all the Risk variants and we play random ones at dinner parties.
---
Now you know I ain't wit that ****, Lieutenant
#12pothocketPosted 2/13/2013 8:20:02 AM
Risk? Blah.

Too bad they just copy/pasted the Halo theme onto an existing game rather than designing an original one.

Gear of War, Doom, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Bioshock...just off the top of my head, all have their own original boardgames with their own mechanics, not just a reskin of another game.

If you guys like Risk, I highly suggest trying out Wallenstein/Shogun. Same game but two different themes, and much much better than Risk.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#13pothocketPosted 2/13/2013 8:29:50 AM(edited)
There was also an old Aliens boardgame - which a fan has recreated here in flash form that you can play for free: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/408816

Enjoy and good luck keeping your squad alive lol.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#14Banana_ManaPosted 2/13/2013 8:47:24 AM
WHERE CAN I BUY IT AND HOW MUCH MONEY DO THEY WANT?
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#15vigorm0rtisPosted 2/13/2013 8:48:44 AM
Yes.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#16WinternovaPosted 2/13/2013 8:57:39 AM
pothocket posted...
Risk? Blah.

Too bad they just copy/pasted the Halo theme onto an existing game rather than designing an original one.

Gear of War, Doom, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Bioshock...just off the top of my head, all have their own original boardgames with their own mechanics, not just a reskin of another game.

If you guys like Risk, I highly suggest trying out Wallenstein/Shogun. Same game but two different themes, and much much better than Risk.

I like Risk because a lot of people are familiar with it and sometimes people I play with don't want to learn a new game.

I'm slowly breaking a few friends of that. I started with Tsuro and Zombie Dice and am working my way up to Elder Sign and Settlers of Catan with my end goal being Arkham Horror.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#17Justice98405Posted 2/13/2013 8:58:03 AM
"If you guys like Risk, I highly suggest trying out Wallenstein/Shogun. Same game but two different themes, and much much better than Risk."

While I agree totally (I still like Risk, but I have Shogun and it's Tenno's Court expansion and they're AWESOME), but that being said I'm still gonna give this some consideration, being the Mass Effect link.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#18WantedOutlawPosted 2/13/2013 11:34:28 AM
Wow, that sounds awesome. Love RISK, Love Mass Effect. Great combo right there. Pretty much a day one purchase.