This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So this is what gaming "journalism" has been reduced to.

#1pothocketPosted 2/13/2013 10:07:02 AM
Make a video for a new game that is designed to highlight that game at it's worst because you know the internet is insane with haters that will gladly link to your video as "proof" that that new game is full of suck.

The Aliens board has gone insane with people that have not played the game and trying to justify canceling their pre-orders because of hater videos.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 2/13/2013 10:08:00 AM
Colonial Marines suck. You keep defending below average games.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#3SheepinatorPosted 2/13/2013 10:08:34 AM
Wait, we still have journalism anywhere?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:10:28 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...

How many achievements did you unlock so far? What games modes are you playing?

Because I know someone would not be stupid enough to ironically prove my point with the very first reply.
---
#5Link43130Posted 2/13/2013 10:28:41 AM
pothocket posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

How many achievements did you unlock so far? What games modes are you playing?

Because I know someone would not be stupid enough to ironically prove my point with the very first reply.

game is bad, dealwithit.jpg

(ps, before you go omg no achievements i've been playing on ps3 but go ahead and try to pull the "well thats just the ps3 being bad! excuse)
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#6DarkAdonis123Posted 2/13/2013 10:33:03 AM
I don't care what the reviews say. I'm watching a live stream as I type this. The game looks average at best. I don't need to waste $60 first to learn what's clear as day in front of me.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#7shawnmckPosted 2/13/2013 10:33:20 AM
I wouldn't say the game is bad...but it was definitely disappointing, and has some serious issues.
The game seems mediocre through & through.

But if you are an Aliens fan, then you will probably still enjoy it.
Just be warned, that the ending is bad (not good).

Which is all a bit stunning, because this game has been delayed by years.
It was originally supposed to be out in late 2011, but kept getting pushed back.
And its been in development since 2008 (5+ years).

The game has Duke Nukem Forever written all over it.
#8GooBacksBackPosted 2/13/2013 10:34:24 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
#9ARsignal11Posted 2/13/2013 10:39:21 AM
GooBacksBack posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

This. Look, you can say that professional reviews from gaming websites don't matter. And to a certain degree, I concur. But when ALL of them rate the game terribly, that in itself should give you some kind of idea of how the game is.

Sure, there will be people out there who will enjoy the game, but for the vast majority of people, the game is pretty terrible.
#10pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:41:15 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
I don't care what the reviews say. I'm watching a live stream as I type this. The game looks average at best. I don't need to waste $60 first to learn what's clear as day in front of me.

Is it a solo campaign playthrough because, from what I can tell, the game was meant to be experienced in coop. I guess it's a Gearbox thing now? Four player coop?

The gameplay is better and it even looks cooler because of the detail in the way it shows other player's lights. It really adds to the immersion if you're rolling with a squad of marines.
---