This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bioshock Infinite Our Savior?

#11656stoogePosted 2/14/2013 7:30:41 AM
SunDevil77 posted...

Dead Space 3 is considered a great game to anyone who is able to accept change.

What does that even mean? Are you basically saying it's praised by people that will eat up anything?
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#12SunDevil77Posted 2/14/2013 7:36:51 AM
656stooge posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Dead Space 3 is considered a great game to anyone who is able to accept change.

What does that even mean? Are you basically saying it's praised by people that will eat up anything?

People who can play a game and rate it on it's own without comparing it to past titles love it.

For example; Resident Evil 6 is a poor game (even though I had fun with it). It's poor when comparing it to the rest of the series, AND as a video game in general.

Dead Space 3 is a good game. Fans who expect it to feel like the first game don't like it, but on it's own, it is a good game.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#13WinternovaPosted 2/14/2013 7:41:33 AM
hak145 posted...
with those titles i listed originality has been squandered.

It's the end of a console cycle - publishers usually play it safe at this point in a console's life-cycle. You'll see a ton of "originality" (as well as ports) when the next wave of consoles hits.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#14656stoogePosted 2/14/2013 7:51:00 AM
What happens if people are sick and tired of every game being a cover shooter action game and want an atmospheric, and rather unique, game like the original dead Space? Does Dead Space 3 fill that role?
---
#15SunDevil77Posted 2/14/2013 8:10:48 AM
656stooge posted...
What happens if people are sick and tired of every game being a cover shooter action game and want an atmospheric, and rather unique, game like the original dead Space? Does Dead Space 3 fill that role?

Again, does that make it a BAD game? No.
It's good. Just because you grow tired of the genre, that doesn't take the quality out of a game, just your personal enjoyment.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#16656stoogePosted 2/14/2013 8:18:46 AM
I'm not really arguing about the quality of the game here. I just find the line " to anyone who is able to accept change" to be an incredibly stupid one.

People don't dislike DS3 because it has bad graphics, or bad controls, or the production values aren't up to scratch. They don't like it because it's not what they wanted.

If I order a choc chip ice cream and instead get served one that tastes like liver and onion gravy, then I'm going to spit it out and demand a refund, even though I like liver and onion gravy.

Why? Because that's not what I want from that product and at that time.

So don't make out that it's some how the gamers fault for not appreciating DS3 here. If EA is going to label it as Dead Space then it's not wrong to assume that's what fans are going to want from it.
---
#17SunDevil77Posted 2/14/2013 8:28:56 AM
That was rather rude. I expect an apology.
---
#18DoukouPosted 2/14/2013 8:29:44 AM
I'm sorry.
---
Don't read this sig.
#19Killah PriestPosted 2/14/2013 10:07:52 AM(edited)
or bad controls, or the production values aren't up to scratch.

I have an issue with the unresponsive controls, and the production values are a huge step back from the previous two games.

resident evil 6 ruined dead space 3 for me.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#20secondhand1Posted 2/14/2013 10:25:20 AM
656stooge posted...
People don't dislike DS3 because it has bad graphics, or bad controls, or the production values aren't up to scratch. They don't like it because it's not what they wanted.

I wanted another adventure in the Dead Space universe. Can you milk me?
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.