This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Demo of Aliens actually is better than the actual game! Video inside!

#1mtjormitchPosted 2/13/2013 12:41:12 PM(edited)
http://www.videogamer.com/videos/aliens_colonial_marines_what_the_hell_happened_to_aliens_colonial_marines_2.html

Just... wow... just... wow.

I have no words about this, at all. This is... lawsuit worthy for some of the most massive false advertising I have ever seen in all my years of life.

This kinda frightens me as well. Is Bioshock Infinite going to be good? Or is the demo they have been showing going to be better!?

Seriously... this literally puts fear into me that other game developers are going to be doing such bait and switch tactics. Everyone, get your preorders away from anything right now and wait. This is bad. Very very bad and shows a INCREDIBLY bad precedent.

Edit: And yes... this is PC versus PC version of the demo vs the actual game.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#2JenniferTatePosted 2/13/2013 12:44:53 PM
This happened:

http://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/18ewf4/a_lot_of_you_are_rightfully_upset_at_the_final/

Or did it?
---
Now you know I ain't wit that ****, Lieutenant
#3mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 12:55:17 PM
Wait... SEGA published the game... hm... there's a problem. SEGA is just crap. I don't care what people think anymore. SEGA is NOTHING but trouble. Gearbox just got lucky with borderlands.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#4pothocketPosted 2/13/2013 12:56:56 PM
The only lawsuit here would be for trying to pass this off as journalism.

They claim there is no more dynamic lighting yet there is. Try playing coop sometime, you can see the flashlights of your teammates wash over everything. Do they mention that in the video? No.

Is there coop or split-screen in that demo? No. Do they mention this difference from the final version? No.

Do they whine throughout the entire video? Yes.

They're comparing a tiny PC demo to a multi-platform full release. It's obvious, to me at least, that dynamic lighting was moved to coop flashlights and the addition of split-screen caused a hit to overall quality. Yet it never dawns on these two idiots in the video.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#5JenniferTatePosted 2/13/2013 12:59:28 PM
In the end, reviews and scores and outsourcing aside, the big tell is if people enjoy it.

From I can tell, pothocket is an Alien fan and is loving the game even if it has some flaws. To that I would say Aliens did it's job and don't worry past that. I'd do the same if it was an X-Men game.
---
Now you know I ain't wit that ****, Lieutenant
#6mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 1:01:31 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...
In the end, reviews and scores and outsourcing aside, the big tell is if people enjoy it.

From I can tell, pothocket is an Alien fan and is loving the game even if it has some flaws. To that I would say Aliens did it's job and don't worry past that. I'd do the same if it was an X-Men game.

No, it is more or less Stockholm syndrome with video games. I did the same with Dragon Age 2. He totally knows its crap but can't admit it yet. Give it a month.
---
#7nothingbeastPosted 2/13/2013 1:04:17 PM
From I can tell, pothocket is an Alien fan and is loving the game even if it has some flaws.

But a truly good game can get people interested who aren't fans of the series.

For instance... I really can't stand westerns as a form of entertainment. But once I gave Red Dead Redemption a try, I really loved it.

If you're already a fan, it's not hard to already have a biased opinion. I love the Alien series, and even I'm pretty underwhelmed by what i'm seeing.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#8sonicteam2k1Posted 2/13/2013 1:04:44 PM
mtjormitch posted...
Wait... SEGA published the game... hm... there's a problem. SEGA is just crap. I don't care what people think anymore. SEGA is NOTHING but trouble. Gearbox just got lucky with borderlands.

I'm one usually to agree that SEGA likes to have meetings to ruin things, but this time it looks like this is total not SEGA's fault.

It seems like Gearbox did a poor job of handling development. Like they weren't responsible. The focus was on Borderlands 2, when SEGA had already asked them to work on Aliens.

So they decided to outsource the job and not watch it. That's when things got out of hand from what it looks like.

Gearbox kept delaying the job and SEGA was losing money and got ready to sue because i'm sure SEGA was losing money funding the game.

I would have told them they can take their time to finish it if I was SEGA, but wouldn't add resources or pay them to finish it if they wanted more time.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#9RahzarXPosted 2/13/2013 1:07:10 PM
I hope they're just saving the real game for the Wii U...

Otherwise, bargain bin purchase, still really want to play this.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#10DyingPancakePosted 2/13/2013 1:08:00 PM
mtjormitch posted...
AlkalineKitten posted...

No, it is more or less Stockholm syndrome with video games. I did the same with Dragon Age 2. He totally knows its crap but can't admit it yet. Give it a month.

Can't comment on this game, but I don't see whats wrong with Dragon Age 2.

I'm playing it right now and its been incredibly fun the whole way through (some parts more than others). It doesn't math the original, but its a great game
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2