This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

f2p games!

#11darkhare(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 2:25:16 PM
RahzarX posted...
darkhare posted...
RahzarX posted...
darkhare posted...
RahzarX posted...
F2P is crap because it's not F2P. It's free to TRY.

Just charge me up front for what I'll be paying anyways. 99 cent weapon? 99 cent shield? just charge me 2 dollars for the damn game!

Please don't fall in love with a marketing gimmick.

what i want to do is make a android game where people get to vote on horse races like the carnival squirt gun horse racing games but the horse that people vote on the most too win is the one that will win, and instead of actually getting any $ back they instead get a little digital trophy and get put on a leaderboard. guess who gets all the money bet?

*spoilers*

me.

I'm not sure what kind of game you'd call that cuz it's not really F2P. More like gambling with no winnings? Great idea, just not sure your trophy idea is very well thought out.

the game would be free, and its only 5cents to place a bet. be #1 on the leaderboard and show all your friends your cool trophy!

Wouldn't it be better to give the winner experience points or something to level up and gain better stadiums or something. Just add some extra code here and there, doesn't cost a lot to program a walking horse sprite. Let them name a horse for winning, let them buy avatar clothes to watch the race, people eat that crap up like cheerios.

yeah they do...wife and i are actually designing a couple of android games and i was playing around with this idea..

---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.
#12SolisPosted 2/13/2013 3:06:08 PM
RahzarX posted...
F2P is crap because it's not F2P. It's free to TRY.

Just charge me up front for what I'll be paying anyways. 99 cent weapon? 99 cent shield? just charge me 2 dollars for the damn game!

Please don't fall in love with a marketing gimmick.

Most free to play games don't rely on pay to win mechanics. Purchases in most games are completely optional and typically entail cosmetic aspects or alternate versions of items you can already get from playing the game.

Not to mention even games which require a purchase can still have microtransactions for in-game items like you just described. Dead Space 3 anyone?
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#13TheFeshPincePosted 2/13/2013 3:20:32 PM
Winternova posted...
No, I want more games like 1 vs. 100.

---
You wanna make me a sandwich?