This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playing LA Noire again, and it really makes me sad

#41scoobydoobydontPosted 2/13/2013 8:50:23 PM
ADHD is a sad, sad thing. :'(
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#42Ginsu VictimPosted 2/13/2013 9:00:13 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
ADHD is a sad, sad thing. :'(

That has nothing to do with it.

When a game fails to hold my interest because of repetitive cases and an interrogation system that's broken, I'm not the one at fault.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#43glassghost0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 9:18:36 PM
It's just very ignorant to say that L.A. Noire is the most overrated game on the 360.

Hate on me or whatever, it has nothing to do with opinions. If you don't like L.A.Noire that's perfectly fine. But it wasn't even praised highly, it's just ignorant to say it's THE MOST HIGHLY OVERRATED game on the xbox
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#44SheepinatorPosted 2/13/2013 9:22:10 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...
My comments are in italics.
Dillon360 posted...
Boring repetitive missions

Opinion. And a terrible one...

It's an opinion that is shared by MANY players.

boring pixel hunt clue gathering,

You strike me as a very impatient person that doesn't have fun unless he's killing something...

Sonny Bonds and I enjoyed our pointing and clicking together way more.

scripted chase scenes

99% of games are scripted. This is a pathetically insignificant complaint...

No, it's a very legitimate complaint. You can't catch up and end a chase until they let you. It's frustrating to think you've caught the guy (you're practically past him) and he speeds off.

empty city,

If I remember correctly, there were pedestrians walking around. So that kind of ****s all over your "empty city" theory. And before you get all but hurt and defensive by saying... "That's not what I meant!"

Well, there were crimes to stop and collectible cars to find. So there was plenty of stuff to do. So I still take laxatives and **** diarrhea all over your awful assumption...

There is so little they actually let you do that it's basically empty. There are no real side-quests or interaction with anything outside the story. The crimes you could occasionally stop weren't varied all that much, to point of losing to Spider-man 2.

Thank you. Those elaborations are exactly what I meant.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#45SheepinatorPosted 2/13/2013 9:33:16 PM
glassghost0 posted...
It's just very ignorant to say that L.A. Noire is the most overrated game on the 360.

Hate on me or whatever, it has nothing to do with opinions. If you don't like L.A.Noire that's perfectly fine. But it wasn't even praised highly, it's just ignorant to say it's THE MOST HIGHLY OVERRATED game on the xbox

You don't seem to understand the math here. If you played a game that scored 79% and you thought it was worth more like 60%, then you played another game that was rated 89% and you thought it was also worth 60%, the latter would be the more over-rated. An 89% Noire MC score is very high btw. To be clear I'm not saying 60% is my number, those are just examples and I haven't actually given it that much thought. I do however think Noire's worth is more divergent from its MC score than any other game I can think of on 360.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#46NavexPosted 2/14/2013 3:15:38 AM
It's a good game but suffers the same syndrome many games released these days have...it has no replay value. Being a sandbox (well, it's not a true sandbox but the world is out there for you) it's a major turn off too as the world is pretty much lifeless outside missions. Such a waste of a huge map when there's not much going on. You can't do jack asides from those repetitive cop mission things that quickly get old as there's not many and they just start recycling them. Replaying the cases isn't even fun since you know what to do to progress as unlike other detective games this one really doesn't let you go about cases in different ways, at least in very drastic ways like others do that keep things interesting.
---
The Jess Margera Rock Radio Show
7PM-8PM EST every Wednesday night on PoochFM.com