This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

20+ Years of gaming could come to an end for me

#1RKOMe2011Posted 2/13/2013 4:17:26 PM
Hard to believe I been through it all, and I have played it all, but thanks to next-gen consoles & the restrictions they have on them, all of that could be crashing to a grinding halt.

From Always On (Internet-Connection Required), to Passwords, A Device that Spys (Big, Brother is Watching), Banning of used games, Not Backwards, and finally Kinect required pretty much has kicked me in the nuts about next-gen.

I want games, and consoles to play those games on, but thanks to upgraded tech, and new fancy 4K TVs and the new & improved internet which I dont have cause I live in a DEAD-ZONE Area it looks like I am crap out of luck this gen.

Meaning Wii U, 3DS and the Vita will mark my final consoles ever & my final generation of gaming since the days of the Wooden Panel Atari 2600 now could be over.

I dont believe the rumors myself, but it does have me really scared & worried to the point that this could mark my final generation.

If I had the internet in my DEAD-ZONE area I would gladly get net-gen consoles but cause of that restriction I am out of next generation leaving Wii U my only option.

Nintendo is awesome, they dont do stupid crap such as that, there systems are always backwards from the 3DS that plays DS games to the Wii U that plays Wii games, they dont have restrictions such as ALWAYS ON.

If SONY & MIcrosoft does indeed pull these restrictions off and make it a reality then both companies can consider themselfs on the choping block in the way towards destruction.

Thanks next for ruining 20+ years of gaming history.
#2HughJorgennPosted 2/13/2013 4:32:11 PM(edited)
That is all speculation. Wait until MS and Sony confirm what is or is not true about what the next consoles will or will not do or support. If the worst of the rumors are true, I will return to PC gaming.

The dead zone part is a problem, hopefully it is something that changes.
#3RKOMe2011(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 4:30:08 PM
Me, if the rumors are true, like I said I will go with Wii U, 3DS and the Vita with the 2 portables I am getting sometime this year with the 3DS I am getting that around in March cause of the Shin Megami games such as Soul Hackers.

Vita I am getting cause of YS and the new game called Tearaway.
#4TheFeshPincePosted 2/13/2013 4:30:14 PM
HughJorgenn posted...
That is all speculation. Wait until MS and Sony confirm what is or is not true about what the next consoles will or will not do or support. If the worst of the rumors are true, I will return to PC gaming.

same here
---
You wanna make me a sandwich?
#5KacielPosted 2/13/2013 4:36:08 PM
I'm still discovering a new world of older games from current and previous generations..
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mblpteDR8S1rhizoao1_500.gif
#6shawnmckPosted 2/13/2013 4:48:17 PM(edited)
Like you TC, I live in a part of the Country that has just crappy Internet...and so if all the rumors end up being true that the next-gen consoles require Internet connection to play games, then I will simply NOT buy them.

I'm hoping that the rumors aren't true...and honestly, I think the rumors were started on purpose by Sony & Microsoft to judge the reaction to see if it would be accepted by the masses, and since there is plenty of outrage, I am guessing that they will simply back-off.

But we'll just have to wait & see.

BTW
I've been gaming for 35+ years.
#7godwavePosted 2/13/2013 5:14:39 PM
TheFeshPince posted...
HughJorgenn posted...

same here

Same. You are jumping the gun. I seriously doubt, hell I know PS and MS will not make their upcoming consoles online only/blocked used games. They would lose out on massive sales if they did. Now I wouldnt be surprised if their future consoles did but it will be a while before then. Nothing to worry.
#8SyphonFilterAddictPosted 2/13/2013 5:27:45 PM
I can deal with the no used games part, but if Kinect has to be used, I'm done with MS systems. Used to be PS fanboy, but the disc read errors sent me to the Xbox as my main system over 10 years ago. If the PS4 controller is almost the same as the 360 one (concave triggers is a must), then I'll go back to Playstation. If not, I'll go the PC route. No forced motion peripherals on that system.
---
The April 2011 PSN Break-In is proof that fanboys will forgive anything.
#9RKOMe2011(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 5:31:33 PM
The Banning of used games or Backwards I could care less on people, I am keeping my current consoles so I have no need of these features on next gen.

Mainly I am more scared of the Interconnection cause just like above poster we live in a DEAD-ZONE area I cant even DLC Digital games such as Digital copy of a game like Fire Emblem my only option is my Uncles which I go over his home and do my DLC Addons such as for Mass Effect..

MP Deals are also off, and other deals living in a Dead-Zone is also a plus cause I dont like Cities, to crowded, noisy and congested, I would gladly give up my internet connections for the peace & quite I have now.

I wouldnt move to a big city if you paid me money to.
#10alienfreaks04Posted 2/13/2013 5:35:02 PM
Piracy, and the prevalence of the internet, is the reason behind a lot of this.
---
My signature is better than yours.