This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

20+ Years of gaming could come to an end for me

#31Highly EvolvedPosted 2/13/2013 9:58:24 PM
Every new generation of consoles, this same topic.
---
It is the beginning of my end. I've raised you well, GameFAQs. Now go, make me proud. *sniff* - CjayC 7/19/2007
#32DrFeelgood1984Posted 2/13/2013 10:05:29 PM
RKOMe2011 posted...
Hard to believe I been through it all, and I have played it all, but thanks to next-gen consoles & the restrictions they have on them, all of that could be crashing to a grinding halt.

From Always On (Internet-Connection Required), to Passwords, A Device that Spys (Big, Brother is Watching), Banning of used games, Not Backwards, and finally Kinect required pretty much has kicked me in the nuts about next-gen.

I want games, and consoles to play those games on, but thanks to upgraded tech, and new fancy 4K TVs and the new & improved internet which I dont have cause I live in a DEAD-ZONE Area it looks like I am crap out of luck this gen.

Meaning Wii U, 3DS and the Vita will mark my final consoles ever & my final generation of gaming since the days of the Wooden Panel Atari 2600 now could be over.

I dont believe the rumors myself, but it does have me really scared & worried to the point that this could mark my final generation.

If I had the internet in my DEAD-ZONE area I would gladly get net-gen consoles but cause of that restriction I am out of next generation leaving Wii U my only option.

Nintendo is awesome, they dont do stupid crap such as that, there systems are always backwards from the 3DS that plays DS games to the Wii U that plays Wii games, they dont have restrictions such as ALWAYS ON.

If SONY & MIcrosoft does indeed pull these restrictions off and make it a reality then both companies can consider themselfs on the choping block in the way towards destruction.

Thanks next for ruining 20+ years of gaming history.

All rumors and speculation, and I'll be happy to stay on the 360 and skip the new gen if it turns out all that crap is true. People act like something is being forced upon them. You are a consumer, make the decision to reject such nonsense and console manufacturers will have to adapt to you. They have to make something people want to buy.
#33RKOMe2011(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:40:55 PM
I havent made my final choice yet, I am like all of you, I want more concrete info, but I am scared to the point giving the way things are moving these days all point to the rumors indeed being true.

Where the is smoke there is fire and it has me worried to the point that 20+ years could be coming to an end for me.

I need E3 I need the info to seperate the rumors from the facts I need the real info the real deal not more speculated articles from IGN or Kotoku (misspelled)

Right now I am not worried on next gen I am super busy with games out and new games coming out as I have multiple consoles & portable to make me say why do I need to worry on next gen.

But I am like all of you are I want the info and I want real info not rumors such as any movie I love such as Transformers 4 or an Anime I want trying to find its release date such as War on Geminar I want the real facts not speculated guesses by forums.

For now I am not worried as I am super busy so I ask you the people this why are we even talking about next gen when they will not even be out by this years end.

Also remember this cause a new gen hits dosent mean that this gen is dead and finsihed it just means it will be super slow.

So I am waiting and I will watch E3 not pay attention to IGN which releases rumors on a dialy basis.
#34xChaosLordxPosted 2/13/2013 10:45:51 PM
Durango is gonna be DOA if it blocks used games. Nobody I know is going to buy one for that very reason. And if Microsoft does, and Sony doesn't, then great way for Microsoft to suicide themselves from the console market completely. It would suit me just fine, my money is with Sony.
#35Mez Static MerizerPosted 2/13/2013 10:51:45 PM
Highly Evolved posted...
Every new generation of consoles, this same topic.

lol wut, what was there to complain about with the arrival of the previous gen, or the one before that?
#36Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/14/2013 12:27:48 AM
HughJorgenn posted...
That is all speculation. Wait until MS and Sony confirm what is or is not true about what the next consoles will or will not do or support. If the worst of the rumors are true, I will return to PC gaming.

The dead zone part is a problem, hopefully it is something that changes.

So your not quiting then what was the point of this topic?
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#37RKOMe2011(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 12:55:02 AM
The point of my topic was trying to get my thought on next gen across and how I feel and what my plans are regarding either of them.

Also my biggest nail in the coffin is Always ON (INTERNET REQUIRED) living in a dead-zone means no Cell Phone, no Internets other than traditonal 56k which most people dont even carry the service anymore other than PeoplePC or NetZero and a few local servers in your towns.

Everyone is on the DSL, Brodband deal knowing in areas such as ours we cant get that cause we have no line of sight to the nearest tower, No Tower = No Internet.

I know how things work and how to do everything in games, like I said living in a dead-zone your options are limited.

If the rumors are true such as ALWAYS ON that is the nail in the coffin for me and also for others. Me, I could care less about Backwards or Banning of used games, My console, my games are for me only, and I dont let others borrow my games learned from the past that others do not take care of your stuff so I banned everyone from borrowing anything of mine.

So promblem solved on Used game deal also Backwards dont care on that, As I plan on keeping my current consoles like I said I am still super busy on games that are out and new games that are coming out.

I was making a point saying THE INTERNET ON deal would end 20+ years of gaming from the Atari 2600 to current could come to the Internet Deal that would be the kick in the nuts for me.

Come on next gen please I am begging you dont make these consoles Always ON I wanna play my Dragon Age 3, I wanna play the new Mass Effect please dont take this away by making the consoles ALWAYS ON.

If you do then you are both DOA on Arrival.
#38Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/14/2013 1:13:26 AM
RKOMe2011 posted...
The point of my topic was trying to get my thought on next gen across and how I feel and what my plans are regarding either of them.

Also my biggest nail in the coffin is Always ON (INTERNET REQUIRED) living in a dead-zone means no Cell Phone, no Internets other than traditonal 56k which most people dont even carry the service anymore other than PeoplePC or NetZero and a few local servers in your towns.

Everyone is on the DSL, Brodband deal knowing in areas such as ours we cant get that cause we have no line of sight to the nearest tower, No Tower = No Internet.

I know how things work and how to do everything in games, like I said living in a dead-zone your options are limited.

If the rumors are true such as ALWAYS ON that is the nail in the coffin for me and also for others. Me, I could care less about Backwards or Banning of used games, My console, my games are for me only, and I dont let others borrow my games learned from the past that others do not take care of your stuff so I banned everyone from borrowing anything of mine.

So promblem solved on Used game deal also Backwards dont care on that, As I plan on keeping my current consoles like I said I am still super busy on games that are out and new games that are coming out.

I was making a point saying THE INTERNET ON deal would end 20+ years of gaming from the Atari 2600 to current could come to the Internet Deal that would be the kick in the nuts for me.

Come on next gen please I am begging you dont make these consoles Always ON I wanna play my Dragon Age 3, I wanna play the new Mass Effect please dont take this away by making the consoles ALWAYS ON.

If you do then you are both DOA on Arrival.

Gah wall of text im not reading this.
/Topic.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#39cup_a_soupPosted 2/14/2013 1:23:26 AM
I like how you moan about DRM, then support the Wii U, where if the console breaks, you loose all of your purchased downloadable content and saved games unless you send your console to Nintendo.