This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good rechargeable batteries?

#11DDP886(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 7:44:21 PM
DDP886 posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

Idk why I hit delete on this
I have Duracell recchargeables (green ones) , I've probably charged ten a 100 times and they last for 1 to 2 weeks playing 2 hours or so a day. I guess I'll just look for an updated Duracell rechargeables.
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#12Perfect LightPosted 2/13/2013 8:04:47 PM
AirborneMp90 posted...
Batteries in controllers wear horridly on them. It causes the coils to heat and wear out quicker. Get a plug and play charge kit with the charge packs man

Ew, I had one of those, it lasted a little less than a year and then stopped holding a charge at all.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#13popping4itPosted 2/13/2013 8:28:09 PM
DDP886 posted...
DDP886 posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

Idk why I hit delete on this
I have Duracell recchargeables (green ones) , I've probably charged ten a 100 times and they last for 1 to 2 weeks playing 2 hours or so a day. I guess I'll just look for an updated Duracell rechargeables.

fine dont even bother reading my post
---
Ravens WORLD Champions, Flacco = ELITE
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
#14TrickyPonyPosted 2/13/2013 8:35:33 PM
Perfect Light posted...
I'm looking at Eneloops on Amazon. Can I recharge them with the Vtech charger I have for my daughter's toys or do I need their brand of charger?

I assume you can use them on the v-tech, I know you do NOT need to use an Eneloop charger, in fact reviews for the charger are meh - fine as a backup, but along the line you may want to invest in a good solid charger which I assume the v-tech you have is?

I bought the Lacrosse 700 to charge mine on
#15TrickyPonyPosted 2/13/2013 8:37:03 PM
popping4it posted...
s2good posted...
DDP886 posted...
Any recommendations?

Duracell. There is NO better.

duracell rechargables are just rebranded eneloops(older 1st generation) or rayovacs so YES there are better.

getting eneloop branded batteries are the best since they're 2nd generation with longer battery life.

I did not know that about the Duracells being rebranded gen 1 Eneloops. I do know that the Apple batteries being sold are rebranded gen 2 Eneloops. Sanyo has also released gen 3 Eneloops with even better lifespans but I heard their cost is high since they're new, have not seen them myself.
#16oasisbeyondPosted 2/13/2013 8:52:53 PM(edited)
Energizers re - rechargeable... Last me weeks. Get a 15 minute charger = Gold.
#17dj___rollPosted 2/14/2013 1:11:06 AM
Quote:I'll give the same answer I gave the last time this topic was made.

I recommend Eneloop batteries by Sanyo. They're widely accepted as the best LSD rechargeables available and right now there's some pretty good deals on them. Right now they're on woot's home website on sale for $23. 8 AA 1500 cycle cells with a vanilla charger. Great deal to get you started.

@TrickyPony

This.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#18Allaster111Posted 2/14/2013 1:21:31 AM
Look for the mAh rating on the battery. The bigger the number, the better. I'd recommend at least a 2500 mAh.

I use Duracells that are 2650 mAh and I'm quite happy with them. My only complaint is that the casing on them is just a tad thicker than other AAs. So it's a tight fit into the controller. When it's time to get the batteries out, I literally have to flick them out.
#19IonizerPosted 2/14/2013 1:46:51 AM
I use a Nyko Rechargeable Station. 20 bucks and you get a dock with two packs. The controllers sit right on the dock (so you can leave them on the dock and always start playing with a full charge), and it uses a separate power cable, so the Xbox doesn't need to stay on while it charges unlike the M$ Chargers. Charge can last about 4-6 hours before it gets to the 50% "Lights flashing" state, and at that point, I just swap controllers. Not sure how long it takes to charge, since I just leave them on the dock when I'm done playing, but I've stopped playing , eaten dinner and come back 30 minutes later and it's done (from 50%).
---
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s166/Ionizer_1/squirrel.jpg
Carrier of Squirrel Flu