This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever rebought a game?

#41JenniferTatePosted 2/15/2013 9:37:46 AM
I bought Final Fantasy for NES again. I suppose Beyond Good and Evil on XBLA counts.
---
Now you know I ain't wit that ****, Lieutenant
#42MrMikeMaPosted 2/15/2013 9:46:02 AM
I've only recently started doing this.

I've built up quite a pile recently, mainly because I can get these games REAL cheap now, and I plan on playing the 360 and PS3 until they crash out on me.

I am in no rush to get into the next generation of consoles. This one might even be my last.
#43richboy900Posted 2/15/2013 9:55:27 AM
Yes, sometimes like I had some cod games on ps3 first but got them later on the xbox as more of my friends are on xbox live. I rebought bf3 for ps3 though, had that on xbox from launch. Also have tekken 6 on both consoles, I only get the 2nd game when its really cheap though.
#44Res5Posted 2/15/2013 9:57:38 AM
Only time I've ever rebought games was by accident. I have like three different versions of the original Sonic games thanks to all the Sega and Sonic Collections I have. lol
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#45TravarkothPosted 2/15/2013 9:58:00 AM
Yeah, quite a few times.
---
"Please stop being human. "
--- 343 Guilty Spark ---
#46Res5Posted 2/15/2013 10:00:39 AM
Oh I've also rebought games I've lost or broke down in the past like I just got the Megaman Anniversary Collection again cuz I left it at a friend's house when I was 12 and never got it back.
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#47IChangedMyNamePosted 2/15/2013 10:04:49 AM
I do this all the time, I agree to an extent that it's a waste but at the same time I usually rebuy the ones I get rid of when they are dirt ass cheap.

For example, I bought Starhawk first week, beat it and traded it..... I just rebought it for 9.99 on Amazon brand spankin new a month back... No loss on my part, I used the credit for another new game and eventually got my game back at a fricken steal.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#48RED_LINK1Posted 2/15/2013 10:32:42 AM
I unlocked all achievements for FF13-2 and then sold it for $30 while it was still newish. I bought it a few months ago again for $20
#49JoboHotepPosted 2/16/2013 11:22:51 AM
HawkerHurricane posted...
Does buying the GOTY edition count?

^^^ I hadn't really thought about this. I already had Borderlands when I saw the GotY version with all DLC for $10.

Since I didn't have any of the DLC, it made sense to pick it up, and gave the regular copy (and installed the DLC) to a friend of mine.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#50MertensCWPosted 2/16/2013 12:21:25 PM
Parasite Eve is the only one i actually sold and later re-purchased.

Next closest example would be selling my PS2 versions of GTA 3 & VC, NFL2k4 and getting the Xbox versions.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.