This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do they periodically remove games from the marketplace?

#1sephiroth0000Posted 2/13/2013 5:44:52 PM
I notice a lot of games I downloaded way back before, like root beer tapper, xevios, and so on, are no longer anywhere to be found on the xbla marketplace. And, I'm assuming they also did away with "xbox originals"? I know they did away with backward compatibility several updates ago, but did they take the downloadable ones away?
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC - 1722-1182-0691
XBL GT - Angry Tough Guy
#2_Ominousity_Posted 2/13/2013 6:04:45 PM
Backwards Compatibilty/Xbox Originals are still available. Some content has been removed from the Xbox Live Marketplace for various reasons, usually having to do with licenses expiring or the publisher not having rights to the franchise in question any longer.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag - Om1nous1ty -
[R] [Looknmypants]: YO shhh im straight chipp off this ambien and iu think my towel cat can hear you
#3Johnny_SinisterPosted 2/13/2013 6:25:35 PM
Fortunately, even games that have been de-listed from the Marketplace can still be re-downloaded if you purchased the game at some point while it was available.

You just need to scan through your download history and find when you downloaded it. There should be an option to download it again.

I have been able to use this for a handful of de-listed titles. Not sure if it works for all of them though.
---
It's all or nothing. And nothing is all I ever get.
Gamer Tag: Johnny Sinister
#4sephiroth0000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 6:30:04 PM
well i never deleted any of them off my console. I just have a considerable amount of titles i bought back in the '07-'09 range that seem to no longer be available, i noticed while browsing the available selection the other day.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC - 1722-1182-0691
XBL GT - Angry Tough Guy
#5popping4itPosted 2/13/2013 6:32:02 PM
check you download history they should all be there
---
Ravens WORLD Champions, Flacco = ELITE
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
#6Reverend_FieldsPosted 2/13/2013 6:37:26 PM
He's not saying that he deleted them and is trying to find them. He's just asking if they shuffle the title selection from time to time, since he sees that a lot of games that he currently has, are no longer offered on the marketplace today.
---
Enjoy Reverend Fields!
#7TheBlueStigPosted 2/13/2013 8:41:27 PM
More than 50 games have been delisted, there's a full chart on Wiki.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#8SoincMetalPosted 2/13/2013 8:53:37 PM
I know in my download history it says something along the lines of "Content No Longer Available" I don't think i'll ever remember what that could be, my TMNT games can still be DL'd as far as i know.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#9MK_GodPosted 2/14/2013 1:20:41 AM
RIP Yaris...best game ever..
---
watch HodgeTwins aka Lord Keith and Lord Kevin aka Mr. Striations & Mr. Feathers aka Twin Muscle Workout aka Fasting Twins