This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it weird that I feel the snes holds up better then the ps and ps2?

#21foodeater4Posted 2/14/2013 9:14:07 AM
Old 3d graphics dont stand the test of time, they are simply bad. The best of the 2d, such as games like Super Metroid or Symphony of the night hold up better. I think the 360/ps3 generation is the first of the 3d graphic gen where the games will stand up to the test of time.
#22foodeater4Posted 2/14/2013 9:15:35 AM
xChaosLordx posted...
The thing about PS3/360 is the 3D models, and polygon count are fine, its the low res textures I got issues with. Like when I look down at the ground, don't even need to zoom in, its all blocky and stuff. This is one of the areas where you notice a HUGE difference when playing PC games, is you can run way better textures.

Thats funny cause I dont evne notice this stuff. If I play a FPS or what not, Im usually looking ahead. Not looking at the ground or ceiling for crummy textures in the room I'm in.

I do understand what you mean though and thats one thing such playing Skyrim on PC as compared to Skyrim on xbox will be different.
#23JackBurton85Posted 2/14/2013 11:29:51 AM
SNES is the greatest console ever, so no, it's not weird.
#24Dragon NexusPosted 2/14/2013 12:24:01 PM
SoincMetal posted...
Not mentioning Shadow of the Colossus is making me worry about you guys.

That was a horrible game with horrible controls

No one cares about that garbage

Lookmat me! I'm being contrary because it makes me stand out!
Go against the flow, man!
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#25DyingPancakePosted 2/14/2013 12:38:25 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
SoincMetal posted...
Not mentioning Shadow of the Colossus is making me worry about you guys.

That was a horrible game with horrible controls

No one cares about that garbage

Lookmat me! I'm being contrary because it makes me stand out!
Go against the flow, man!

Don't think so chief, but if that makes you feel better about your sorry game, then by all means let it out!
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#26BcowmanPosted 2/14/2013 12:40:14 PM
Edgy!
#27CaseyJonezPosted 2/14/2013 12:40:53 PM
I'm not surprised that there is still a lot of love for the SNES. It has the "pick and flick adventure".
---
Signature pending mod approval.
#28ThePCElitistPosted 2/14/2013 1:44:14 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#29ThePCElitistPosted 2/14/2013 1:44:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#30SonyHoundDawgPosted 2/14/2013 2:34:15 PM
I think some of it depends on art style too.

A game like World of Warcraft came out in 2004 and it still holds up nice today just cause its a bit more cartoony. But then Everquest 2, also out in 2004, went for realism and required a super computer to run it well back then, and today, it doesnt hold up as well even though anyone can run it full blast.

Games that strove for realism, especially in the early 3d days, like Tomb Raider for PS1, look like absolute crap today.