This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Father of the board, Flamechamp, speaks about the next gen rumors

#1bronze4v4proPosted 2/13/2013 10:55:06 PM
Its like this:

1. I will 100% refuse to even acknowledge a console that requires an internet connection. Diablo 3 was a video game, one I was very much looking forward to, and when I heard it required an online connection, I refused to acknowledge that trash. And that was just a video game? For a console to do the same thing, no. Just no. Its worse than kidnapping.

2. I will 100% refuse to acknowledge a console that bans all used games and requires new games. This is something that is just outrageous. All those old mario cartridges from the NES are rolling over in their graves at the prospect of banning used games. Its worse than murder.

3. Backwards compatibility. It doesn't matter what anybody from Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft says, we don't know if they will INTENTIONALLY prevent us from playing older games on these new consoles. I don't care about the tech stuff and what is possible or not. If they wanted to, they could make it happen at no additional cost for them. Therefore, if a console prevents backwards compatibility, I'm going to be one unhappy camper. Haven't decided if I'll refuse to acknowledge the console. I need more time to think.
#2Arucard05Posted 2/13/2013 10:56:56 PM
Minus the hyperbole I agree.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#3MarxismLeninismPosted 2/13/2013 11:06:30 PM(edited)
Unless the next gen lets me play on Playstation, Nintendo and XBOX all on one console I'll refuse to even put it on my Christmas list. I broke my mother's prized china once in a fit of rage when I learned that I couldn't have Link for Soul Calibur 2 because I didn't own a GameCube because I forgot to ask for one for my birthday. My mother wasn't pleased and she banned me for a whole day from playing on my XBOX. Never again.

I might just put up some fake collection cans outside of a church and take the coins from gypsy street performers to buy a next gen console. I refuse to let my parents purchase me one out of principle. Exclusive content is worse than rape.
---
"Capitalists are no more capable of self-sacrifice than a man is capable of lifting himself up by his own bootstraps." -Vladimir Lenin
#4tisukoPosted 2/13/2013 11:10:09 PM
Wait. When did you become a father of this board? Who was dumb enough to give this guy that title?
---
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i
PSN: tisuko GT: k0tet5u
#5leon_bladePosted 2/13/2013 11:11:48 PM
who let you out the shame trunk
#6ChezDispenserPosted 2/13/2013 11:18:04 PM
leon_blade posted...

I did. ****er's hilarious.
---
Goddamn!
#7leon_bladePosted 2/13/2013 11:21:27 PM
ChezDispenser posted...
leon_blade posted...

alright put him back when he's done, he gets out of hand after 3 am
#8Yankeehazard191Posted 2/13/2013 11:41:35 PM
leon_blade posted...
ChezDispenser posted...
leon_blade posted...

Don't you guys know your not supposed to feed him after midnight.
---
You don't have daddy issues! Now Luke Sky Walker that guy has daddy issues.
#9Dagoth_WitPosted 2/14/2013 3:10:40 AM
Yankeehazard191 posted...
leon_blade posted...
ChezDispenser posted...
leon_blade posted...

Don't you guys know your not supposed to feed him after midnight.

I love the idea of tagging users. I clicked on the topic and it said "Troll" under his username. Makes life easier.
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#10IWUPosted 2/14/2013 3:13:51 AM
leon_blade posted...
ChezDispenser posted...
leon_blade posted...

Like a gremlin.
---
...due to having Asperger I simply don't care... for real. I just... don't. I find everyone weird and I myself am weird. -mtjormitch