This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think 720 will fall to 3rd place next gen.

#31UndietakerPosted 2/14/2013 7:26:36 AM
Shrillbert posted...
It might do so, but not for the reasons mentioned. The biggest problem with the 720 is the fact that it will not be able to play used games. This will scare away quite a few gamers that will now be stuck forever with games that they might not like, and keep many gamers from getting games cheap like they would second-hand.

Your "fact" is not a fact at all, it's something some random people on the internet said.

Show me one place anywhere where Microsoft has stated the next Xbox will block used games.....
#32GeistPosted 2/14/2013 7:57:48 AM
Undietaker posted...
Shrillbert posted...
It might do so, but not for the reasons mentioned. The biggest problem with the 720 is the fact that it will not be able to play used games. This will scare away quite a few gamers that will now be stuck forever with games that they might not like, and keep many gamers from getting games cheap like they would second-hand.

Your "fact" is not a fact at all, it's something some random people on the internet said.

Show me one place anywhere where Microsoft has stated the next Xbox will block used games.....

Trolls never have proof of what they claim silly!
---
Currently playing: Mass Effect 3
#33Arn544Posted 2/14/2013 8:18:12 AM
I think it could go either way, although isn't Msoft having to pay sony to use blu ray?

Not an expert but I think when your competition is helping pay your development costs you have a slight advantage.
#34StealthTifaPosted 2/14/2013 8:28:46 AM
I Stopped reading at Wii U

Lmfao
---
GamerTag = Stealth David (Friends Request with no message = Decline)
#35El_ZaggyPosted 2/14/2013 8:35:11 AM
wii u will be last like the wii was. And the wii u is current gen. Nintendo do his own thing and the fanboys dont care, there is always a console for the people like that.

Most of the people who bought the wii only had wii sport and never bought any other game. That is why wii was the failure of the last gen. This gen, the wii u came out late in the cycle, offering no plus value, no great games, no awesome deal. Just like the wii, And ps3/360 already out since 6+ years

ANyway it will prob be head to head ps4/720 like ps3/360.
#36Ambassador501Posted 2/14/2013 8:37:08 AM
First of all, I dont really see what ANY next gen console will bring to the table. Better graphics? Fine. More processing power? Sure. But will it play any different? I can't imagine. They'll have trophy/achievements, they'll have a huge online store, and a cross-game friends list. Is there really anything new? The difference from ps2/xbox to ps3/360 was absolutely monumental. I just can't see it happening again. Dont get me wrong, I'll buy a ps4. But, they are going to really have to impress me if they want me to buy it within a year of release.

Do you see what I'm saying? As of right now, if the next gen consoles were on sale today, I don't want one. I'm satisfied where I am.
---
PSN: Bacon_Lord
#37therickmu25Posted 2/14/2013 9:01:29 AM
Better graphics? Fine. More processing power? Sure. But will it play any different? I can't imagine.

^ The thing about more processing power / VRAM (video memory on the graphics card) is that it enables you to build bigger, more detailed worlds with better AI. People initially think that it just means the game will look better with better hardware, but you have to realize that ideas that developers have had for years now and haven't been able to produce (on console) because of the limited hardware, will be able to come to life.

This is one of the reasons why I always am for better hardware because I know it doesn't just mean 'graphics', it most definitely opens up new windows for gameplay as well.
---
Games List: http://imgur.com/n5R72Cl
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg
#38ShrillbertPosted 2/14/2013 9:02:15 AM
Geist posted...
Undietaker posted...
Shrillbert posted...

Trolls never have proof of what they claim silly!

Ah. Well them I shall apologise.
---
Whenever I hear the phrase "Man Cave" I turn on the Stabby-stabby X10.
The second draft of my book is complete!
#39Madmicky933Posted 2/14/2013 9:06:03 AM
I wish you'd all stop buying the consoles. ESPECIALLY if it breaks. That's a waste of time and money if you buy another or send it off to get fixed.

I know some people who had the RRoD about 5 times, and they were so ignorant toward everything that they would just keep sending it back to get fixed/get a new one. Why would you do this? Geez..

I have a PS3 and a gaming PC. The PS3, with all the games I've bought, has added up to OVER the price of this gaming PC (which cost around $1,000 TOTAL).

The experience, as I've come to conclude, is SO MUCH better on PC. I can use a controller (both 360 & PS3 controllers) on ANY game on PC, I can game from my couch on my big screen TV, I can use wireless mice and keyboards if I didn't want to use any wired/wireless controllers, I don't have to use ANY disc to play any game I have installed (just click and it's off), I don't have to watch the company logos that pop up before the game starts, the graphics are better in EVERY way, I can actually play in TRUE 1080p, and YES, THE GAMEPLAY IS BETTER since it is smoother and more features are available to me than on consoles.
So if you say "well, graphics aren't everything" you have no argument because the gameplay is better on PC as well, so graphics are like a bonus.

The ONLY reason that the consoles (PS3 in particular) are better in ANY way is the exclusives.

Other than that, there is no reason to not save up and buy a gaming PC. You actually DO spend more money on consoles with the games, accessories, and etc. in the end than you do with a PC. Simple and straightforward.
---
Karma... Is a powerful force..
#40VeladusPosted 2/14/2013 9:08:08 AM
What's the Wii U got to do with next generation?